The Writer [30]

I'd rather love you and kill myself in the process, than ignore my feelings and live a lonely life ahead.

✂- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Aside from the sad melody played by the raindrops, silence dominated her surroundings. Sakura Haruno hurriedly ran under the showering rain and raced up the building that looked eerily abandoned at a time like this. She was lucky the guard let her through.

"Sasuke.."

The pinketted kept muttering his name, sending silent prayers above. She knew she's pushing her luck, but what else can a writer do? When she finally reached the top of the staircase, a wet scenery greeted her. But in the midst of chaos, she saw a boy whose back is turned against her. Emerald green eyes scanned his physique. Her heart kept pounding inside her chest and it's becoming painful with every passing minute.

"S-Sasuke.." Her voice was soft and broken. She doubted he would've heard her the first time and so she tried again, "Sasuke!"

Sakura held the hem of her green wedding gown and stride towards him. Sasuke lazily turned to look at her, dripping wet from the downpour. His dark eyes found hers and that's when you're sure something terrible is going to happen tonight.

She stopped, just a few feet away from him and noticed the black cloak he wore. She disregarded it and began,

"I...I still love you."

But he didn't answer her.

Sakura forced herself to stay strong and glared at her once lover. This is bullshit, she thought and shouted at the top of her lungs,

"I WAS SUPPOSE TO GET MARRIED, YOU KNOW!"

He smiled sadly. "I can see." He was pertaining to her eye-catching gown, now soaked with all it's loveliness.

The young Haruno's anger and disappointed flared up.

"You're the personification of a heartbreak, Uchiha! Tell me, why?!"

"Why what?"

She bit her lower lip. "Why are you doing this?! Why have you gone missing?! Why are you acting like you don't give a damn about me anymore?!? Why do you have to break my fucking heart?!" In her head, the questions went on and on. It's infinite. Buf of course, Sakura doesn't have much strength left to yell all those inquiries at him.

Thunder growled in the sky and it gave off an even more gloomy mood for their little confrontation. Yet, the Uchiha prodigy remained calm.

"Things just happen." He stared up the sky and let the tiny drops fall down his handsome face. It was almost too mesmerizing to watch.

Her eyebrows furrowed. "What the heck? L-Look, is this about...Mizumi? D-Do you..love her?"

But instead of giving her a sane response, Sasuke Uchiha smiled, still not looking at her. Sakura was losing hope. How can she possibly penetrate his walls when he only gave her a lifetime supply of mystery and uncertainty? Something's happening her and she wasn't a fool to believe otherwise.

"Don't marry Lee."

She snapped her head back at her direction. "W-What?"

This time, his eyes were glued on her. But there's still something bothering her.

"You don't have to marry him, but that doesn't mean you'll end up with me."

Sakura Haruno was so effing confused now.

"Sasuke, I can't understand you!"

He took a step closer to her and leaned in. It made the butterflies wild inside her tummy. The raven-haired man then whispered something that made her blood run colder.

"I don't love you anymore."

And before she could regain her senses, Sasuke Uchiha walked away and gazed up at the sky. Sakura's tears rolled down her face. She silently thanked the raindrops for disguising them. Sakura never knew that a heart can be broken over and over again. Hers is now broken beyond repair. She struggled to compose herself and debated whether to stay and wait for him to take it back or walk away and pretend that she never loved him.

She chose option B.

And so, the broken writer walked back to her home; wanting no more but to curl up in her bed and let the night pass. But as she looked up at the darkened sky, she recalled something Sasuke said before..

"It'll be when all of those stars die.."

"Huh?" What the heck is he talking about? Sasuke grinned playfully and poked my forehead.

"..that's when I'll stop loving you."

"The stars.. I can't see them right now.." Her eyes watered. "But they're not dead."

Could it be?

*

Sasuke stood at the edge of the rooftop, staring up the sky again. It was too dark and cloudy to see any stars. He smiled to himself.

"Sorry.. I lied, author-san. I've been a bad character, haven't I?"

He gently pushed his damp cloak up to expose his arm. It resembled torn pieces of paper, slowly withering away. He was dying. That's the consequence when a fictional character falls in love with the writer.

Is it his fault? Yes.

But does he regret anything?

"No."

THE END

✂- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -