Epilogue

"Sasu-kun, you have a visitor."

Sasuke halted on the fifth step just when he was about to head upstairs. Mikoto Uchiha popped out of the kitchen door and smiled meaningfully at her son.

He grew suspicious. "Who is it?"

"Just go to your room, young man." A wink, and then the raven-haired woman sped off to who-knows-where.

Sasuke gnawed his teeth. Must be Kiba again, crashing in like always. Tsk! He angrily ran to his room, and swung the door open.

"Kiba, what the fuck------!?!"

He froze.

"Hi, Sasuke-kun!"

Well, shit. Standing before him, was none other than SAKURA FUDGING HARUNO. Sasuke rubbed his eyes and blinked multiple times just to make sure it wasn't some illusion. The pinkette giggled at his antics and sat on the edge of his bed. She patted the space beside her. Sasuke unconsciously obligued.

When forest green eyes met obsidian ones, Sasuke knew this must be some messed up dream.

"Sasuke, why are you staring at me like that?"

"You're not a product of my desprate imagination, aren't you?" He just had to make sure!

Sakura Haruno smiled and pecked his cheek, causing him to slightly blush at the sudden contact.

Only then did he noticed the familiar notebook she had in her hands. Along with it, are a bunch of other papers that look awfully like his story draft. Sakura followed his gaze and nodded in confirmation.

"I got here a little earlier and I found the drafts of your novel."

Sasuke was speechless. The pink haired beauty continued,

"I'm your basis for the female protagonist, I know. Actually, it feels like you wrote me into this story Sasuke. You made a great job of using my perspective.. You know me so well."

Sasuke tore his eyes away from her. He then felt silly all of a sudden.

Because this is Sakura Haruno.

The one who got away.

Sasuke and Sakura are childhood friends. A few years back, they finally confessed their feelings for each other until she had to move to the States because of family issues. They broke up. So, Sasuke waited for five years.. Five long years. He still loves her. Every night, he would create various scenarios in his head, all of which ended with 'what could have been's. It was painful for his part, so that's why he made up The Writer.

Sasuke wrote Sakura Haruno, taking his place as a writer who falls in love with a fictional character. He intended to write his own life in fiction. Ironic, isn't it?

And now, here she is.

"Sasuke-kun.. I want us to complete my list. Together."

Sakura flipped through the many pages of her notebook until she spotted that one page where Sasuke made her write all of the things she wanted to do.

And yes, even the list was based off from the one he had her write in reality. Actually, almost everything in his novel is based off from his real life---except for the fire that killed his family, Mizumi being his girl, Orochimaru being their adviser (who was really a creepy old guy at some department store), and their interactions with Lee (who's too much of an idol to actually get involved with them). Well, there are a few other things that aren't real, but who cares?

There's a thin line between reality and fiction, afterall.

When Sakura noticed Sasuke spacing out, she smiled and murmured,

"I'm still in love with you."

That caught him off guard. His onyx eyes widened in disbelief while his heart hammered with joy. Dammit. Soon enough, he enveloped her in his muscular arms and whispered,

"I never stopped loving you."

Maybe he can believe in happy endings now.

Because this story isn't about a writer who fell in love with her character.. It's actually about a fictional world created by a writer who still loves his ex-girlfriend.

✂- - - - - - - THE END---for real.

.
.
.
.
.
Author's Note:

Gotcha!

Hahaha! Who among you readers wanted to kill me two chapters ago? Lols. Sorry about that false ending. But I'm pretty sure the ones who've read my other SasuSaku works already pieced up that I'm a realist and a sadist--with a lazy imagination and poor editing skills. Haha! Anyway, thank you for making it this far!

Sorry about the grammatical errors, misspelled words, etc. I'm not perfect, y'know :)

~Misty