The Writer [27]

Now it's too late for you and your white horse to come around.

-White horse (Taylor Swift)

✂- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Christmas vacation passed and there was no sign of Sasuke. For the rest of the season, I stayed in the house, locked up in my own room. I tried talking to my parents about the arrangemet but they are so hell-bent on having me marry a model! A model of eyebrow grower. Tsk. And avoiding Lee turned out to be much more difficult than I thought it would!

He just keeps popping out of nowhere while declaring his "undying and youthful devotion" towards me!

January came and I pretty sure I looked like a walking mess. I headed towards the lobby, well aware of the other students' scrutinizing stares.

"SASUKE-KUN!"

Upon hearing that name, I spun around, heart hammering in my chest as I searched for him. When my eyes found his, he immediately broke the eye contact and greeted Mizumi with a smile. I felt a part of me being torn apart again, realizing I must look like a hopeless brat standing in the middle of the crowd, staring at her former boyfriend.

I bit my lower lip and forced back the tears that threatened to fall.

I hate this chapter.

"We all know that."

"Huh?"

I turned to the voice and saw Shikamaru leaning against the wall. People seemed to be oblivious of him, so I walked closer. "What the heck are you talking about?" the brunette smirked at me.

"You don't even know where you're going. That's troublesome, don't you think?"

I furrowed my eyebrows at him and murmured, "Lazy bastard.."

He yawned. "Tell me something I don't know."

I rolled my eyes and leaned on the wall beside him. I'm seriously not in the mood to go bursting in our classroom with a face that screamed 'I-look-like-a-freakin-banshee'. Lee's fangirls would probably bully me again.

"So, shouldn't you confront Sasuke Uchiha?"

I gave my companion a side glance. "W-Why would I do that?"

"Idiot. You want answers, right? Go ask him. Stop depending on the plotline someone else laid in front of you and start being realistic."

I stared at Shikamaru for a second. "Are you sure you don't have a fever?" But the boy just shrugged and walked away. I stood there contemplating on what he said. Be realistic, huh? Well, this isn't even suppose to be my reality.

I should really be doing my characters a favor and step out of their lives for good but..

"Then again, I'm the writer."

*

After dismissals, I managed to sneak out of that Green Beast's grasp and ran all the way to the other side of the building where Sasuke had himself transfered. He was in the same class with Mizumi so I wasn't too surprised to see her with him.

"S-Sasuke!"

They stopped in their tracks and Mizumi glared at me. She wanted me dead and I know that. Sasuke, on the other hand, had this emotionless expression that made me have second thoughts on this.

"What?" Cold. He's being to harsh, don't you think?

I took in a deep breath and gathered up all the courage left in me.

"C-Can we talk?"

He looked at Mizumi, silently asking for permission. The girl smirked, shook her head at him and said, "He's had enough of you. Quit it."

I balled my hands into fists. "Look, I just want to talk to him, Mizumi. What's the harm in that?" I made sure I spat out her name. She snaked her hands on Sasuke's arm.

"But what's the use of talking when he clearly doesn't want to get involved with you anymore? You'll just look stupid. I saved you the humiliation, Haruno. Atleast, be thankful."

Well, I want to ATLEAST, push this girl off a cliff and feed her to the sharks.

I'm with you, Outer me! *gets a gun*

I gritted my teeth in anger. But just then, I felt Sasuke's hands on my shoulder. I raised my head, not noticing him earlier. He had this meaningful look in his eyes and I just knew something was up.

"Thank you."

I gaped at him. After that, he walked to the opposite direction with his hands in his pocket. Mizumi smirked and stepped closer to me.

"Get out of my story!"

And just like that, she pushed me with all her might. I yelped in surprise and remembered there was a staircase behind me! Oh, Kami! I closed my eyes shut and waited for the impact of the fall. But all I felt were a pair of arms wrapped around me. I opened my eyes and saw Lee with his toothy smile. I ignored him and gazed off to where Sasuke went.

That night, at the back of my notebook, I wrote a poem and probably, this will be the last one I'll write.

A broken little girl
Staring off her ceiling.
You stole her story
And took away her feelings.

What have we done?
My heart's a mess beyond repair
So I'll just curl up in bed
And love you in despair.

One day, it'll all make sense
You'll see.
I'll cry and wallow
But you'll still own a part of me.

I let the fresh batch of tears stain the pages of the notebook as I unconsciously turned to a particular page.

"We never had the chance to complete the list, Sasuke."

✂- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -