The Writer [19]

You can't change anything.. No matter how hard you wish.

***

That night, I find it hard to sleep. Whenever I close my eyes, Mizumi's face would turn up. I groaned out of frustration and burried my face in the pillow.

"Damn.."

I think I'm going crazy! I frowned and made my way to the window. That's funny.. I can't see the moon anywhere. I'm sure it was a clear night earlier, why the sudden change in scenery?

You're being paranoid, Saku..

You think so?

I then felt unexpicably tired. My gaze fluttered down below until it landed on a dimly lit alley. Something caught my eye and I leaned in closer to get a better view.

Mizumi.

She was there, anticipating me. Her bored eyes had a playful glint in them and it made my stomach churn. Cold sweat dripped from my forehead and I can even feel my hands shaking.

Mizumi mouthed the words, 'catch me!' and ran off.

I narrowed my eyes on her and ran downstairs, careful not to wake my parents up. Soon after, I found myself running through the deserted streets in my pajamas. I growled in frustration and caught a glimpse of her brown hair.

"MIZUMI!"

But my voice drowned in the night. At this point, I'm more than determined to end this shit. I won't let her ruin everything..this...this is my story. I'm the fvcking writer here!

My feet led me to an unfamiliar part of the city. Houses looked abandoned and there was an eerie silence that almost made me cower. I spun around and searched for her.

"Mizumi! Come out!"

Footsteps resonated in the night and that twisted smile of hers was hard to forget. The beautiful brunette crossed her arms over her chest. "You called, Ms. Writer? What, are you gonna make me jump off a cliff or have a truck run over me? You want me to die, right?"

I can't believe this. That that I realized it, this whole situation is purely unrealistic. At one portion of my life, Sasuke and Mizumi were only a part of my imagination; spending my free time writing their love story. Now, I got caught up in some twisted fiction web where I'm Sasuke Uchiha's girlfriend. And the worst part of it? I don't freaking know what world I'm in!

"M-Mizumi.. I don't know how this happened! I swear. I-I'm sorry."

Her eyes stayed cold though, and to think that I made her have a shy and composed personality.

"You wanted this to happen! Sasuke.. She's your heart's desire. And because you fell in love with your own character, you subconsciously made an unstable reality! You're a selfish bitch!"

I lowered my head, finding it difficult to stare any more longer in her eyes. Involuntarily, tears welled up my eyes. Is that what really happened? Did I brought my character to life?

Mizumi stepped backwards and smiled wickedly at me.

"Good luck on keeping him on a leash. He's not what you think he is, Author-chan. Don't say I didn't warn you."

Huh? What's she talking about? Could it be...

"Wait!"

But when I lifted my head, Mizumi wasn't there.

*

I woke up the next morning with a headache. At that moment, my phone rang. Sasuke's calling.. I nervously stumbled out of bed and answered his call.

"H-Hello? G-Good morning.."

"I'm coming over."

My eyes widened in shock. "WHAT?!"

I heard him chuckled on the other end. "What? Don't tell me you have another man in there.." his baritone voice became even darker and it made me shiver.

"W-Well, aside from my dad, I wouldn't say that.. Ha ha ha.." okay, why the hell am I acting so lame? Even my laugh's all forced up!

Sasuke must've took noticed of it.

"You okay?"

FVCKING NO! WOULD YOU BE OKAY WHEN THE HEROINE YOU THOUGHT ONLY EXISTED IN THE DEEPEST CORNERS OF YOUR MIND, SUDDENLY SHOWED UP AND THREATENED YOU LAST NIGHT?!

Rolls eyes. Don't say that to him, dummy. =___='

"Yes."

I heard him sigh and muttered something I couldn't make out. "Good. I'll be there in five minutes." and then Sasuke Uchiha hung up. I was left standing, lost in my thoughts again. My eyes remained on the notebook.

***