The Writer [08]

"You were jealous, weren't you?"

Sasuke and I walked down the path that led to my house. He remained silent the entire time and barely spared me a glance. I stared at our intertwined hands and couldn't help the warm feeling that seeped throughout my system. Is this what it feels like to be in love?

"I have a right to be jealous, Haruno. I'm your---"

"Boyfriend. Right."

Sasuke's eyes found mine. "You say it like it's a bad thing, baby."

I laughed nervously. Nah! Of course, having your fictional character as your real-life boyfriend isn't such a bad thing at all! Nope. It's really not, even if you get stuck in some shitty parallel world.

Keep fooling yourself, Sakura.

"Sakura,"

"Hmmm?"

He then stopped, scanned the area and kissed me on the lips. My eyes widened. "U-Uchiha!" He laughed and ran away. With my cheeks bright red, I chased after him until we made it to a nearby open-field. The stars were out and the moon gave an eerie glow, filling the lonely sky with a touch of light. I saw Sasuke looking up at the masterpiece above us, until he spoke,

"It'll be when all of those stars die.."

"Huh?" What the heck is he talking about? Sasuke grinned playfully and poked my forehead.

"..that's when I'll stop loving you."

*
"I'm home!"

Mom and dad immediately ran towards us. Mom had a huge grin on her face. "How's your date, sweetie?" I blushed harder, if that's even possible. "Mom! W-We----"

"Sasuke, my boy!!" Dad patted my boyfriend's shoulders. "It's already late. If you want, you could sleep here for the night----"

"DADDY!?!"

"---in Sakura's room!"

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I like that idea. So, you want a bet on what'll happen, Saku?

You're just so damn useless, Inner!

BONK!

"Awwww!" Mom just whacked my father on the head and smiled apologetically at Sasuke. "Sorry about that."

The raven haired heartthrob laughed. In sheer humiliation, I dragged him out of the house. Ugh! I just wanna wipe that smug look on his face right now!

"What?"

"Sasuke Uchiha! T-That wasn't a laughing matter!"

"Hn.. Though sleeping in a room with you really is quite tempting, baby."

I struggled to keep a straight face. The heck?! He shouldn't be like this! From what I remember, Sasuke Uchiha's not this arrogant. I'm pretty sure that's how I imagined him to be. He should be an ideal guy. He should be kind and gentle...

Kind and gently my ass! He's smoking hot and you're disappointed he's not some good-mannered guy?!

This is not what I wanted him to be. You can't blame me for having expectations.

"What are you thinking?"

I blinked when his voice pulled me back to reality. But before I could answer him, a secretive smile crossed his face. His eyes narrowed into darts and I suddenly felt uneasy.

"This isn't how you imagined me to be, am I right?"

***