The Writer [18]

I'm sure this is just some kind of sick joke. This can't be Mizumi... Shit, who the heck are you fooling, Sak?! YOU'RE THE ONE WHO IMAGINED HOW SHE LOOKS! As of now, my heart was pounding inside my chest and my nerves are killing me. I took in a deep breath and just when I was suppose to stand up straight, she smiled devilishly at me,

"May I help you, Sakura? Or should I call you, author-chan?"

Bullshit.

My hands stopped in midair. I stared into her eyes and unconsciously held my head. "Y-You can't be her----"

"Says who? You're the fucking author of this story.. MY STORY. Do me a favor, Ms. Writer, and GET OUT OF MY STORY!"

Sharp brown eyes bore into mine. She looks angry--no. She looks outraged! Mizumi knows? HOW CAN SHE FREAKIN' KNOW?! She isn't suppose to be here!

"M-Mizumi.. h-how did you...?"

"Don't be too shocked, Ms. Writer. Hmm.. Now that I think about it, you can't manipulate me now, CAN YOU?"

"AHHH--!"

SLAM!

I stared at her in horror. Mizumi was on top of me, she had me pinned to the ground! My back hurts from the impact, but that's the least of my worries now. I tried to get up but felt the shearing pain the moment she slapped me.

"M-Mizumi!"

I desprately grasped her arms but the brunette frowned. "Killing you would be fun."

That wicked look in her eyes told me she's dead serious. More alarmed than before, I cried out for help. This isn't the end! I can't be killed by my own story character! This is fvcking crazy!

"SASUKEEEEEE!"

My voice broke when I called out his name. I had my eyes closed and when a familiar voice spoke,

"Sakura?! What happened??"

I recognized it was Sasuke. But what bothered me more was the fact that Mizumi is nowhere to be seen. W-What..? I quickly sat up and scanned my surroundings. Sasuke looked at me in curiosity.

"S-She should be here! Sasuke, have you seen her?! She attacked me!"

He sighed and crouched down beside me with a concerned look on his face. My boyfriend had his calm and puzzled look in his eyes that warmed my heart. My recent anger with him melted away in seconds.

"Nobody attacked you, Sak.. You should calm down."

I took in shallow breaths. Sasuke smiled at me and kissed my forehead. But when he did, I saw Mizumi peering through a corridor. She had this twisted smile on her lips. I knew it.. I'm not crazy. But what the hell is she planning?

*
"Hey, are you sure you're alright?"

Sasuke's question snapped me back to reality--well, if this was even considered reality. I forced a smile on my lips and raised the book in my hand.

"Yeah. Thanks for this."

Sasuke Uchiha frowned. "Baka. I'm your boyfriend, you shouldn't be thanking me."

I rolled my eyes at him. "You seem to be saying more words than you'd usually say in a year. What's up?"

We stopped in our front door and he touched my cheek. There's something unusual in Sasuke's eyes that made me wanna hide. It's an eerie feeling. I shook my head and it vanished. Maybe I was just hallucinating things.. Yeah. That's got to be it. I guess I'm just being paranoid.

"You spaced out fourteen times since this afternoon, yet you never told me what's bothering you.."

I averted my eyes away from him and laughed humorlessly.

"Nah! Me? Psh! I'm just thinking about...um...things."

Sasuke didn't looked too convinced though, but nonetheless, he let it go and bid me goodbye. When I was left alone, my eyes roamed the cover of the book we bought. The Fear of a Heroine.

It was at the backmost corner in some old box at the bookstore and the cashier even gave it for free. I sighed and tried to let the haunting thoughts of Mizumi drown.

She shouldn't be a part of my story.

She's just another character.

3. Buy a book that nobody wants

***

A/N:

Eventually, I became a rebel and chose to not follow the plotline I prepared. Well, I'm not one for 'proper' things. As of now, the story will take a harsh turn and I hope you don't mind, readers :) *insert Misty's psychotic evil laugh*