The Writer [11]

Sasuke and I were walking down the busy streets to Konoha High School when we passed by a shop. I stopped in my tracks and walked closer to the glass window to have a better view.

"Sakura-chan.. Hey, are you staring at guy there?  Stop." Sasuke's curious words came from my right. When I didn't answer, I can feel his frustration.

He suddenly pulled the door of the shop open, which made me jump in surprise.

"Hn. I'll go kill that bastard."

"Eh?!" What's he talking about?! But when his actions and words finally sinked in, I laughed at him and whacked him on the head. Several girls glared at me from a distance.

"Baka! I wasn't staring at guy!"

He pouted, crossed his arms over his chest and spoke in an immature manner.

"You better not, Haruno. Tsk! What are you looking at anyway?" He leaned to have a better view of the shop's glass window. "Seriously???"

I nodded and went inside to buy it.

*

"SAKURA-CHAAAAAAA----Umph! Eh?! Sasuke-teme?!"

Ino and I laughed when Sasuke suddenly poked Naruto's forehead, just as he was running towards me. Sasuke gave him a glare and a stern word of, "No."

Naruto scoffed. "If you're always gonna be a jealous bastard, Sakura-chan might fall for ME instead! Bwahahaha! Believe it!"

"Idiot. H-Hey! Give me back my wallet!!"

"HAHAHAHA! Oh, Uchiha-darling~ Catch me if yah can bastard! Bwahahaha!"

"NARUTO!"

"Eh? So you keep Sakura-chan's bikini photo inside your wallet, teme?! SAKURA-CHAAAAAN! HE'S MENTALLY MOLESTING YOU, DATTEBAYO!!"

"F*CK OFF!"

Ino Yamanaka rolled over in laughter. Sai, who was staring at her, bewildered, simply said, "Interesting. Yamanaka-san really does laugh like a witch."

My blonde bestfriend stopped in mid-laugh and fumed at him.

"You really wanna be hospitalized, ne Sai?! I bet the ER misses you!! GAAAAAH!"

And the two comically brawled. Shikamaru stared at them from afar and sighed. "Troublesome people."

I smiled at him and went back to writing on my new notebook. Yup! I bought the cute notebook I saw earlier displayed in that shop. It was red and had black ink-splatter hearts on the cover. On the way here, Sasuke kept murmuring something about how silly I was to even stare at it and that he can buy me a truck of notebooks if I wanted. Arrogant bastard.

"I never knew you write." I turned my head and smiled sarcastically my boyfriend.

"Really? I know how to write?? Hmm.. Maybe because I'm educated? Oh! And I know how to read, too! Isn't it amazing?"

But Sasuke Uchiha only gave me a poker face. "Ha ha ha. Funny. Quit being sarcastic or else I'll kiss you in the middle of classes."

My eyes widened. "Don't you freakin" dare, Uchiha."

But the raven leaned down and smirked wickedly. "Let's do a demonstration?"

I blushed furiously and pushed him back. Stumbling with my notes, I went back to writing.

A girl who bleeds for nothing
Let her pen stain the paper's purity
For she wishes to feel a sense of dignity.
In the pages, she hid
And by the words, she'd know
That a character's death
Is that lonely writer's sorrow.

"What a dramatic piece of shit."

I turned to see Sasuke leaning closer, reading the words I wrote. I quickly closed the notebook shut and smiled at him. "It's poetry."

He deadpanned. "I can tell."

RIIIINNNGGG... RIINNGG..

Sasuke fetched out his phone and declined the call. My eyebrows furrowed. "Who was that?"

He shrugged. "My fiance."

***