The Writer [24]

Sometimes you're gonna ask yourself that one dreaded question you tried so hard to avoid: Am I happy?

✂- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sakura's POV

I think I lost myself after Sasuke left me. So I wasn't really surprised to see my parents all dumbfounded as to why I was standing in front of our house in such a chilly evening.

"Dear, are you okay? You look pale! Sakura, what happened?" Mom ushered me in after a few moments.

My fictional boyfriend just broke up with me, mom. And I feel like shit.

"Nothing. I-I'm just tired." after that, I forced myself to smile and ran upstairs albeit my dad's calls for some chinese take-outs.

I sighed.

Sasuke..

What changed him? What happened? Does Mizumi have something to do about this? All those questions came swirling in my head all at once and it's making me dizzy. Aside from that, I think I'll die of this broken heart. I covered my face with a pillow and surpressed the sobs escaping my lips. Of all people, why does this have to happen to me?

"I wish this is all just a dream."

"I'm almost finished."

I blinked and found myself in a room with dim lights. Just then, a familiar voice caught my attention. When I searched for the origin, I found none other than Sasuke Uchiha sitting at his study table, scribbing words down on a worn out notebook. I furrowed my eyebrows and hesitatingly walked closer to him.

"S-Sasuke-kun? What are you writing?"

But my words fell on deaf ears. He ignored my presence and kept murmuring words that I couldn't understand. And then when I averted my gaze to my hands, I found myself disintegrating.

Panting, I tried to catch my breath. Damn these creepy dreams of mine! A knock on the door interrupted my thoughts and my mother emerged from the door. She had a sad smile on her face.

"Sakura, I'm sorry about what happened with you and Sasuke last night."

I stared at her. "What? W-Who told you---"

"A girl named Mizumi called and told me that Sasuke didn't really cared for you. Though, I still can't believe it.." she sat on the edge of my bed as I balled up my fists. Mizumi again?! What the heck? When I get my hands on her, I swear I'll--

"That's why me and your father decided to have you in an arranged marriage."

My eyes shot wide with shock. "WHAT?!"

So soon?! Gosh! I'm still in high school, people! Gimme a break---oh, wait, Sasuke already BROKE UP with me, so what's the big deal right?! Hmph!

Your sense of logic is surprisingly improving, Inner.

Thanks...HEY?! WHAT ARE YOU IMPLYING?!

Oh, nothing.

I pulled myself back to reality and glared at my mother. She patted my back and stood up, turning on her heels. "M-Mom! Wtf? Sasuke and I just broke up!" as much as I don't want to admit that.

"This is for the best, young lady. Besides, we believe your fiancé can rival that traits of an Uchiha. He's too handsome for his own good and he's even sexier than Sasuke!" she laughed as if her daughter wasn't suffering from a broke heart and turned to grin at me.

"You're fiancé is a fine lad with a charming personality. He's every girl's dream Sakura! You should thank that Uchiha bastard for breaking up with you! You're fiancé's waaaaaaaay better than Sasuke!! He's a bachelor! A billionaire! A model!"

---and a pain in the ass.

I stood up, not believing my life is so fucked up at this moment. I tried to wrap my mind around things and calmed down enough to ask my mom, "If my fiancé's so great as you decribe him to be, can you atleast tell me his name, mom?"

Mom grinned cheekily at me and announced,

"You're getting married to Rock Lee! Isn't that youthful?!"

And I fainted.

✂- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -