The Writer [21]

Afterwards, we sat up. Our fingers intertwined and the comfortable silence devouring us. Right now, I'm having a mental battle whether I should tell Sasuke or not.

"What are you doing?" I asked when he suddenly fetched a grocery bag out of nowhere and started arranging some ingredients.

Sasuke gave me a look that screamed 'don't be stupid'. I furrowed my eyebrows. He sighed and threw me something---hey, this is my notebook! And then, realization dawned upon me.

"Ah, you're gonna teach me how to cook?! Amazing!!"

But just when I was about to praise my boyfriend, Sasuke turned to me and handed over a frying pan.

"Go cook. I'll wait in the living room."

Animated veins popped out of my forehead. "NANI?! I THOUGHT---!"

Sasuke Uchiha winked at me. "I can't cook either, baby. Sorry." I sighed when he finally ran out of my sight. I can hear inner's laughter inside my head and it's bugging me to no end. I dragged myself to the stove and started putting everything I see in the frying pan.

*^▁^* oh, well! I'll just make him eat whatever I make. He won't get food poisoned, right?

*

AFTER TWO DEVASTING HOURS..

"Sasukeeee~ Let's eat!"

I chirped and hugged him from behind. Sasuke gave me a suspicious look and shrugged. "Better be delicious." I smiled innocently. "If you don't puke within the next ten minutes, then it's alteast safe to eat."

When we reached the kitchen, his eyes widened in horror.

"S-Sakura?!"

"Yup?"

"YOU BURNT THE WHOLE KITCHEN, WOMAN! DON'T GIVE ME THAT SWEET SMILE!"

I frowned. "I can't cook either. That's why 'Learning how to cook' is the fourth thing on my wish list. Besides, it's not as if you can do better than me, Sasu-kun.."

He sat down and stared at the fried tomato with stuffed chicken legs I made. "Hn."

I smiled. But just when he was about to take a bite, Sasuke's phone started ringing. He boredly fished it out and answered the call.

"Hello?...W-What??"

Sasuke stood up. Had had a serious expression on his face. Onyx eyes glaring upon a distance.

"I-I'll be there.."

He ended the call and ran hid hands through his locks. I have a bad feeling about this.. "Sasuke, what happened?"

"T-The Uchiha Manor's burning to ashes. I need to go."

I froze in shock. The last thing I was aware of was when Sasuke bolted out the door and left me in solitude. My mind wandered elsewhere though.. What's happening?

I sunk to the floor. My hands were shaking uncontrollably. And just then, I saw torn pages of my notebook shattered over the flooring.

*

The food was left untouched. Darkness fell over the whole house. I layed on the floor, staring at my phone. I tried calling Sasuke but his still hadn't answered his phone. Naruto dropped by either and told me that Sasuke doesn't want me to go there. He said the fire's under control, though I doubt that's the only concern he has.

For the rest of the afternoon,  I kept writing things in my notebook.

I wrote our story without an ending.

Sakura waited for Sasuke to call her. She's been waiting in the dark corners of their house, wanting nothing more but to see the man she loves safe from harm. The pinkette never wanted this to happen. Her fears are finally getting the best of her. And that's when she realized..

Tears rolled down my cheeks as I voiced out the sudden realization that hit me.

"This is exactly what happened in Mizumi and Sasuke's story."

***