The Writer [31]

I always end up feeling cheated.

✂- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

THE END.

--

"Ah, finally!"

Sasuke Uchiha stretched his arms, muffled a yawn and leaned against his chair. His nightlamp flickered and when he averted his eyes at the clock nearest to him, the raven-haired teen realized it was way past his bedtime.

Though still exhausted from all the writing, he couldn't help but smile at his finished novel.

He raised the paper up and reread the last few lines, satisfied with all the drama he had to engage himself in. And yet again, his eyes lost focus, and a certain pinkette crossed his mind.

Sakura Haruno. Sasuke shook his head.

This is the real deal here:

Sasuke Uchiha, a lonesome teenage writer, wrote a fictional novel entitled: "The Writer". He wrote a story of how an author named Sakura Haruno, his fictional character, fell in love with her fictional character, Sasuke Uchiha---which he named after him, of course.

Sasuke scoffed and finally made his way to plump himself on his king-sized bed.

He hated happy endings. That's why he made the plot revolve around forbidden love. True enough, he wasn't the romantic type, so he just knew it was some crappy cliche story.

He stared off the ceiling and bitterly murmured,

"That's how it always ends.. They'll all leave you, so why bother trying to have a happy ending?" He sighed and felt his hands go numb. In reality, he knew it was impossible for his fictional character to come to life. He shrugged off the possible endings in his head and smirked.

"Atleast I didn't make her end up marrying Rock Lee. My future readers will kill me."

*

Sasuke arrived at school on time. Just like before, his knuckleheaded bestfriend, Naruto Uzumaki---err.. who he also made into one of his fictional characters---just had to ruin his morning.

"SASUCAKES! HAHAHAHA! WHY DO YOU LOOK LIKE A PANDA?!"

Ignore him, Uchiha. Your clan's pride will be at stake...

"Hn."

The blonde glared at him. "Eh?! Again with the one syllable answer, teme! I can't believe you!!"

Sasuke lazily sat down and stared at him. "You're an idiot and you're irritating."

But of course, Naruto's too numb to figure out that his bestfriend doesn't want to talk at the moment. Instead, he wiggled his eyebrows and whispered, "Lemme guess..you stayed up all night just to finish that cheesy romance novel, huh? Hehehehe!"

Sasuke remained silent.

"Hmmm.. So.. Did your main characters end up together? You gave them a happy ending, right?! RIGHT?!" Naruto practically shoved his face infront of his, invading his personal space. Sasuke sighed and pushed him off his desk, causing the blonde to stumble and fall on his butt.

"Awwww!! That hurts, teme!!!"

"No."

"Say what?"

Sasuke glared at him. He's clearly not in the mood.

"No, I didn't give them a happy ending. Happy endings are for suckers."

Instantly, a flash of concern dominated in Naruto's blue eyes. He sat beside him and patted his shoulder. "Just because..."

"Don't."

"B-But, Sasuke! It doesn't mean----"

"Shut up."

Soon, before they could even continue their conversation, Hinata, Naruto's three-year girlfriend, Ino and Sai came in. Actually, Sasuke based off his characters from his friends in real life. Well, since he intentionally made himself the protagonist and all.. But of course, everyone knew.. Sakura Haruno..but she----

"Hi, Sasu-kun! I baked you some cookies today!"

The young Uchiha sneered at Mizumi, one of his his long-time fangirls. The poor girl walked away, humiliated. Sasuke heaved out a sigh and stared out the window.

I wish my life was just as exciting as the stories I write.

✂- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -