Gossip

"Finally. There's my little princess." Bonnie said as Ben walked in, making him grin.

"Mom, remember, the school therapist said you had to stop calling me that." Bonnie gave him a look.

"I thought Emma was with you. I got us matching outfits." She held up two of the exact same outfit, though one was smaller.

"She's out with the guys." Ben told her, kind of downhearted.

"Something wrong?" She asked him, sitting on the couch.

"No." He shook his head, but Bonnie persisted.

"Did something happen at work?"

"No, why? I'm good." He insisted, and she gave him a look.

"Honey, you can't hide things from me." She told him. "Chip my windshield, I knew it. Set the basement on fire, I knew it. Got a girl pregnant-" she gasped. "Oh my God, you did not get a girl pregnant again, did you? Somebody get me a banana and a condom!" Ben shook his head again, chuckling a little.

"No! I swear, once is enough. Do you think I could ever be more than a bartender?" Bonnie tilted her head.

"Honey, it wasn't the community-college fairy who left all those brochures under your pillow. Of course you can do more. You can be whatever you want to be."

"There's a manager position open at work." She put her hand up in a stop motion.

"Okay, let's not go crazy." Ben sighed.

"It's not just about me any more. It's Emma's future too. Plus, he's trying to get Brooke involved in there, and I wouldn't doubt that he's hitting on her. I overheard their conversation, and he made her feel uncomfortable." Bonnie tilted her head

"Well, what happened?"

"He kept complimenting her and had her backed against the wall. She was so scared when I got her out of there, Mom. I haven't seen her this scared since her mom kicked her out the house and she thought that she had nowhere to go." Bonnie stood up.

"No one, speaks to that girl like that!"

"Like what?" Brooke had just walked into the apartment, planning on hanging out with Bonnie while she watched Emma so that she could tell Bonnie what had happened at work.

"Oh, honey!" Bonnie walked over to Brooke and gave her a hug. "Ben's just told me what happened. That shouldn't have happened to you!" Brooke looked at Ben.

"You told her?" She demanded, and Ben became confused.

"Yeah, I told her."

"Why would you tell her that!?" She cried, and Ben panicked.

"Brooke, I-!"

"What, the one time I turn into some damn damsel in distress, its good gossip!?" She asked, her face turning red and her eyes filling with tears. "What the hell, Ben!"

"Brooke, it's only because I care about you!" He told her.

"Then don't treat my problems like your gossip, Ben Wheeler!" She shouted. "If I wanted Bonnie to know, I would have told her myself!" Then she walked out of the apartment, slamming the door shut behind her. Ben sighed, and buried his hands in his face.

"Man, what am I going to do?" Bonnie whirled around to face Ben, her finger pointed at him.

"Well first, you go back to that bar and don't take "no" for an answer. Unless there's a chance he might fire you from the job you already have for being too pushy. Then, you know what? I'd just let it go. And then! You're going to apologise to Brooke for telling me what happened between her and your boss, and be the best goddamn friend you can be!" Ben smiled. His mom wasn't normally very good at giving pep talks, so he knew that this was something she was passionate about.

"Thanks for the pep talk, Mom." She smiled back at him.

"Anytime, princess."

BABYSITTER

"Hey, check it out. Two different girls, two different numbers." Tucker taunted Danny as they came into the apartment with Emma and the stroller. "Or as I like to call it, "hot guy problem." He laughed, before he realised Danny did not seem disappointed. "What?" Danny shrugged.

"I don't know. I got eleven." Tucker's smile fell.

"I'm new at this." He decided, and Ben smirked at him from where he was getting Emma out of the stroller.

"Savour it, because that might have been your last ride. Mom's here." Tucker began to panic.

"Now? Wait? What are we gonna do? No, I need this stroller." Tucker told them, and Danny patted his shoulder.

"Relax, my little friend. I'll handle Mom. Take this." Tucker grabbed the stroller and flew down the hall to hide the stroller while Ben talked to Emma.

"All right, Emma. Let's go get Daddy a promotion. But let me do the talking." Emma gave him a look, and he took it as an okay. "Come on. And remember, just follow my lead. Okay." The elevator dinged, and Bonnie walked in just as Tucker walked over. "Hey, Mom. Hey. Tucker sold your stroller!" Tucker gasped

"Oh my God, you tattletale!" Bonnie turned her glare to him.

"What?!"

"Oh!" And Tucker was running down the hall, Bonnie right on his heels.