May the Best Friend Win

Ben was sitting on the couch, folding some of Emma's onesies, when Tucker came in, a little anxious about talking to Ben. 

"Hey, Ben-" But Ben wasn't having it. He was mad, and was going to make Tucker very aware of it.

"Do not need to have this conversation. I'm cool. She picked you. Winner, loser. I get it. Don't understand it. But I get it." Tucker sighed. He was getting frustrated with this. Ben had been acting like this ever since Ava had declared that she wanted to go out with him. 

"I just wanted to make sure if you were okay if Ava came by the apartment later." He said, trying not to lose his temper.

"No issues whatsoever." Ben told him, looking up at him, having already lost his temper. "Mainly because I'll be at Danny's press conference. Oh, and lucky you... Mom will have Emma, so the place is totally yours." Finally, Tucker was fed up with him.

"What is your problem? I thought you said you were cool with this." Ben looked at him like he was the crazy one. 

"I am cool. This is me being cool." Tucker took that as a sign to stop trying to argue, then smirked, thinking back to the actual question he had wanted to ask.

"Would you mind if I borrowed some of that new cologne..."

"I'm not that cool!" Ben told him harshly, throwing the onesie in his hand down on the coffee table, as though Tucker had just insulted him in the worst way possible. 

BABYSITTER

"Wheeler?" Riley walked into the locker room at the hockey rink, where Brooke was helping him get prepared for his interview. "Wow! You look amazing." Brooke tucked a piece of hair behind her ear, smirking.

"Well, he might've had a hand in the choice of outfit." Danny chuckled, messing up her hair to get her to be quiet, then looked to Riley, adjusting his jacket a bit.

"What do you think? Does this say sports professional?" Riley made a jokey, thinking face.

"That, or superhero in disguise." They both chuckled again, and she smiled a genuine smile. "You're gonna be so great." Danny smiled back, and thought that this just might be his opportunity to actually tell her how he felt.

"Thanks." He then took a deep breath, preparing himself a bit. "And, Riley, I don't know if I've ever said this before... I'm really grateful to have you in my life." Once again, he had chickened out. "I don't know what I'd do without you." Riley smiled, a little flattered by Danny's word, and she patted his arm.

"Aw. Then let's hope you never have to find out." She chuckled, just as Ben came hurrying in.

"Hey, am I late?" He asked, looking around. "Did I miss anything?" Riley smiled at him, bouncing up and down a little excitedly.

"Hey, perfect timing. I think he's up next." And that's what set off Danny's anxiety all over again as he looked around for an escape.

"Next? Oh! Is it hot in here?" He began panting, his chest heaving as Brooke put one hand on his chest and the other on his arm, pushing him to sit on the bench behind him. "I think I'm gonna sit down."

"Danny, take a breather." Brooke told him, Riley patting his shoulder.

"You're gonna be fine." That was when Danny took a real look around, panicking even more.