You're a Dork, But I Marry You Anyway?

"Okay Wheeler, it's go time." Danny told himself as he stood outside of Riley's apartment. He had talked it over with Tucker, and was ready to tell Riley how he felt. "Take your best shot and tell her how you feel. No matter what you can't turn back."

"Riley, come on! You gotta listen to me!" Brooke's voice came floating from down the hall.

"Why should I listen to anyone who is on the side of Ben Wheeler?" Riley shouted back as she and Brooke came around the corner and saw Danny. "Danny? What are you doing here?" And that was when Danny chickened out.

"Can I use your bathroom?" Riley nodded, unlocking her apartment.

"Your brother is such a jerk. If you ever see me offering to help him again, you have to promise to stop me." Brooke groaned and Danny sighed.

"I promise." He told her as they walked into her apartment.

"Riley!" Brooke shouted, but Riley ignored as she pulled off the ring that Ben gave her and gave it to Danny.

"Take this." She grumbled. "God, I can't believe Ben would just take our fake relationship and throw it all away." Danny took the ring and looked at it for a moment, then sighed again, ready to make his move.

"Well, maybe it's time for a real relationship. You know, with a real guy who's-"

"Not a gigantic tool." Danny was interrupted by Ben walking in through the open door. Brooke threw up her hands.

"Well its about time, Wheeler!" She shouted, but Ben only had eyes for Riley this time.

"Go away, Ben." Riley demanded, and Ben went up to her.

"I'm so sorry." He said, and he had her attention. "That girl... I hit on her a couple days ago with the stroller. Did not know she was my boss's daughter. When she came, and I went after her to be like, "hey, don't tell your dad." Then she went all psycho and started kissing me. I would never do something like that." Riley still didn't look convinced, and Ben appealed to Danny and Brooke. "Guys, back me up here." Danny just crossed his arms.

"Oh, I think you're doing great." But Brooke really wanted to help.

"Riley, come on! Listen to him! I'm over here holding his dignity so he can make a scene to get you back!" Riley furrowed her eyebrows, but Ben went on.

"I don't even care about the job any more. All I care about is you." Riley pushed a hair behind her ear.

"I'm listening." Ben sighed, happy to hear those two little words.

"You were so sweet to help me." Riley smiled, enjoying seeing Ben figuratively at his knees for her.

"Keep going." Ben nodded, determined to get this right.

"Well, I'm gonna tell Henderson that he was right about you and wrong about me." Riley felt the tiny bug of guilt crawl into her heart.

"You're never gonna get that promotion." She told him, determined to keep face.

"No, but maybe I'll get you back." Ben told her, not realising quite how much he was getting through to her. "I'll take a real friend over fake wife any day." Riley sighed, knowing what she had to do.

"Or... we could go back in there one more time."

"Wait. This is the part where I'm supposed to stop you. Riley, stay strong." Brooke gave him a shove.

"Sh!" She hissed, but Riley only smiled.

"Well... I mean we already made it this far. " she told Ben. "At least if you get the job, I won't feel like I totally wasted my time." Ben smiled.

"Well, Henderson does want to have drinks tonight." Riley sighed again, but nodded.

"Okay, but this is the last time." Then she went over to Danny and held out her hand. "All right, I need my ring back." Danny reluctantly handed the ring back to her, and she turned back to Ben

"Thank you, Riley. I'll buy you coffee and we can work on our story." She chuckled.

"The one where you're a dork, but I marry you anyway?" He chuckled back, and nodded.

"All right. Hand." She held out her hand, and he slipped the ring back onto her finger. "Thank you." Then the two of them left, and Brooke turned to Danny.

"So, just to be clear, you're perfectly okay with that?" Danny nodded.

"Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?" Brooke smiled, crossing her arms.

"Because you're in love with Riley?" His eyes went wide. "Its a little obvious, Danny." He sighed, but nodded.

"As long as she's happy, I'm happy. Besides, she likes Ben anyway."

"What about Jack?" Brooke asked. "You know, the guy she's seeing in the real world?" Danny nodded.

"Yeah, he seems alright for her. I just hope he doesn't hurt her."

"Who? Him or Ben?" Brooke asked.

"Both."