Ben Wheeler, I Hate You

Brooke went back to work, and though she was supposed to actually be working, she found herself merely making disgusted noises towards Ben and Riley as they fake the hell out of a relationship to Henderson.

"And the sunsets were incredible." Riley told Henderson as Brooke set down a few drinks at a nearby table. 

"Not that we ever left the room." Ben chuckled, and Brooke grimaced, walking back towards the bar.

"Look at them with their perfect little relationship." She grumbled. "With his perfect hair and his perfect eyes and his perfect smile! And her perfect little everything! Makes me sick." She looked back at Carter, who was deeply confused.

"Are you talking to me?" She sighed.

"Never mind. Can you get these orders?" Then she picked up a tray of empty cups and pretended to be walking towards a table so that she could hear what Henderson was saying.

"Well, Wheeler this has been an excellent meeting." He told him, and she gripped the tray tighter. "I think I can safely say-" That was when that girl that Ben had hit on with the stroller showed up and walked over to them!

"Hi there." She greeted, then she smiled when she saw Ben. "Hey, didn't you-"

"A-absolutely not!" Ben told her harshly, and Brooke snickered. "Sorry, miss, but we're kind of in the middle of a business meeting."

"Take it down a notch, Wheeler." Henderson told him sternly. "This is my daughter Zoe." Ben's face went pale. 

"Your daughter?" he exhaled. "Well, uh, so nice to meet you for the first time ever." Zoe smiled slyly.

"Nice to meet you too." Henderson smiled again.

"Zoe, this is Ben and his lovely wife Riley. You should really get to know each other." Her eyebrows rose with her smile.

"Oh, that would be-"

"Impossible!" Ben interrupted Riley. "'Cause we're about to head out, right, babe?" Zoe shook her head. 

"Oh, don't leave now. There's nothing I'd like more than to chat with you and your wife. As soon as I freshen up." Then she headed to the bathrooms, and Ben jumped to his feet.

"Wow, where'd all that iced tea go? Oops! There it is. I'll be right back." And he hurried back to the bathrooms, Brooke handing her tray off to Cici as she passed by and followed Ben, standing out in the hallway as he waited for Zoe to get out of the bathroom.

When she finally did, Ben stopped her as she walked out, and Brooke listened intently.

"I know this looks horrible, but I'm not a cheater." He stammered. "I'm just faking being married so your dad will consider me for a job."

"So you're a liar?" She asked him, and Ben shrugged.

"I'd probably go with creative go-getter." Zoe chuckled, moving closer towards Ben. 

"No worries. Scamming my dad is my favorite pastime." Ben's eyes went wide.

"So you won't say anything?" She shook her head. 

"Not a word. So how about you show me your resume?" She pushed him up against the wall, reaching down and grabbing for the bulge forming in his jeans. 

"That's not where I keep it." He told her with a nervous chuckle, before she pressed her lips to his, making out with him.

"Brooke, what's going on?" Brooke jumped at Riley's voice, then tried to block her view of Ben and Zoe. She didn't want their friendship to be sabotaged by some girl who couldn't keep her hands in her own pants. That was Brooke's job!

"Riley! Uh, hey Riles. How are you doing?" She tried to stall her, hoping Ben would get himself situated behind her before Riley realized what was happening. "How's the marriage? How's Emma? Talk to me, we never talk anymore!" But Riley managed to see behind her to see Zoe with her tongue down Ben's throat.

"Seriously?" She exclaimed, and Ben pushed Zoe off.

"Riley, it's not what it looks like." He insisted, but Riley crossed her arms.

"Really? Because it looks like you abandoned me to shove your tongue down some stranger's throat." She looked to Brooke. "Right? Back me up here, Brooke!" But Ben still shook his head.

"Wrong! She was shoving her tongue down my throat. I was trying to push it out. Brooke, tell her!" Brooke backed up, unsure of who's side she was on. She had only wanted to see how this would turn out, not watch it be sabotaged!

Riley didn't wait for her to answer either of them."Ben Wheeler, I hate you." She told him, before storming out of the bar.

"Riley! Riley, wait!" Ben hurried after her, praying to everything he knew that Riley would forgive him.