Battle Wounds

Summary : How will the team handle when a monster attacks and Ryan gets hurt?

"Where's Ryan and Mark? They should be here by now," Harris asked, looking to Spyder.

"Don't look at me," Spyder said, raising his hands, "I haven't seen 'em."

It was at that moment that the elevator whooshed open and out stepped Ryan, looking tired and mildly irked.

"Whoa, man, you look terrible," Spyder commented, turning around.

"Yeah, you would too if you spent all night taking over your sick brother while your mom's out of town."

"Rough, man," Spyder said, turning back to the front of the Mech as Harris gave Ryan a sympathetic look.

"That sucks, hope he feels better."

"Me too, if a monster shows up that's hard to beat we're screwed," Spyder added.

Ryan and Harris looked at him, "What? It's true."

They rolled their eyes and got into position to train.

It was going to be a long night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Four hours, two monsters, and a night of homework later and Ryan was back at school, minus one Mark and with Harris and Spyder.

After Principal Gray's death, they'd all assumed the monsters would stop, they were wrong.

Ryan had barely greeted Harris and Spyder before the Harris' monster alert went off.

The three ran to the Mech, Ryan having flashes of the whole adoption debacle when Spyder had mentioned piloting the Mech with three people instead of four. Guess they'd have to try it.

The monster, a mix of a human and a cobra that looked a heck of a lot like Medusa, came slithering up to and towering over the robot, its eyes closed.

"Oh no," Ryan muttered as its eyes opened and fired some lava like substance at them.

Ryan recoiled, the Mech following, as the lava melted the metal and left burn marks on Ryan's body.

Ryan cried out in pain, but continued to fight. He punched the creature in its human face and grabbed the snakes that made its hair, pulling it off of the ground and tossing if over his shoulder.

The monster flew back into the nearby forest and was impaled by the trees as it turned to ooze.

Harris and Spyder cheered, not noticing their leaders groan as he quickly unlocked himself and ran to the bathroom to vomit. His friends quickly followed.

Once Ryan finished, Harris helped him onto the medical table and began a scan.

Harris looked at Spyder, the two equally worried about their friend, "I'll stay and monitor him tonight. Tomorrow's Saturday, so come as soon as you can and bring Mark."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, as instructed, Spyder and a weakened Mark entered the lab to find Harris passed out in a chair with Ryan missing from the table.