Superheroes Don't Take Sick Days (PTSD Arc)

"Alright that's it," Mark demanded, marching through the Mech, "Time for an intervention. Now."

Spyder and Harris nodded in agreement as they marched out of the school hallway and into Ryan's class, grabbing him and flinging him over Mark's shoulder.

Harris turned to the teacher, who had paused mid speech, "I'm sorry, but he's sick. We're going to take him home."

The teacher nodded once, actually being the type of teacher to understand mental illnesses and how they affect people, and let them leave, going as far as to call the office to explain so their parents weren't phoned.

The boys dragged Ryan to the Mech, kicking and screaming, forcing him onto the couch in the living room.

"Ready?" Mark yelped as Ryan kicked him.

"Ready," Harris and Spyder shouted as Harris injected Ryan with a needle full of sedatives.

Ryan's struggles gradually weakened as the sedatives kicked in.

"That should knock him out for at least three hours," Harris stated once Ryan was completely knocked out.

"What do we do until then?" Spyder asked.

"We tie him down," Mark muttered, massaging his where he was kicked, "We all know he'll be struggling the moment he wakes up."

"But really, tying him up?" Harris asked.

"Looks like it," Spyder jumped up, pulling rope out of his back pack, "I've got some rope."

"Why do you have rope in your backpack?" Harris questioned, making a 'What-is-wrong-with-you?' face.

"Because... reasons," Spyder explained vaguely.

"Well that's specific," Harris said, rolling his eyes.

"You-" Spyder was cut of by a groan from Ryan.

The three watched as Ryan winced and struggled, his head turning from side to side as he groaned again and looked like he was trying to push something off of his chest.

"He's having a nightmare," Harris stated as Mark began freaking out.

"What do we do?"

"I don't know!"

"Don't ask me, he's your brother!"

Mark growled in frustration as the Mech came to life, electronics buzzing and everything becoming functional.

"Hold him down," Mark ordered as the other two complied.

Mark placed a hand on his brother's head before hurrying to Harris' lab. He grabbed a thermometer, pivoted, and ran back to the group where Ryan's struggles were increasing.

Mark switched with Harris, having Harris hold the thermometer while he held Ryan down.

The thermometer finally beeped, and Harris announced, "104.5, if it rises anymore we'll have to take to the hospital!"

"Then let's cool him off," Spyder suggested.

"How?" Mark shouted, growing more concerned for his brother by the minute.