A New Era (Sequel of PTSD Arc, Welcome : Depression Arc)

"I'm telling you, I don't understand it either. By all means, he should be dead," Harris stated, before correcting himself, " I mean, I don't want him dead. But with the amount of electricity coursing through him, Mark, he should've died."

Harris took a deep breath before stating his hypothesis, "Idon'tthinkRyaniscompletelyhuman."

"What?" Mark asked, dumbfounded enough to tear his gaze away from the figure laying limp on the lab bed.

"I don't, do not, think," Harris began slowly, hoping to put off the inevitable, "That Ryan, your brother, is entirely human."

"You- what?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two weeks and 'Recovery?' Later...

"Ryan! Mark! I'm home!"

"Hey mom!"

"..."

"Ryan?"

"..."

"Rye g- Mark! Call an ambulance!"'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Why'd you do it?"

His hand clenched around the fabric of his worn jeans as a clock ticked in the therapist's office.

"..."

"Ryan, I can't help you if you don't talk to me."

Ryan said nothing as he stared right and downwards at the pillow resting next to his leg.

The therapist sighed, "Ryan..." A deep breath, "You haven't said anything since you... tried to kill yourself."

Ryan flinched but still remained silence.

The clock ticked on.

"...I think we're done here."

The therapist looked up, "Mark, nice of you to join us. Please, have a seat."

"Sorry, no can do. I'm here to take my brother home."

The therapist nodded, standing and saying goodbye to Mark and Ryan as they left the office.

"Glad that's over with," The therapist mumbled, carrying on with the day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Come on Ryan. Say something," Mark said, standing in front of Ryan as Ryan rested his arms on the counter with his head on top of them.

"I'm not giving up on you," He stated, moving to sit next to his catatonic brother.

"Come on, Rye guy," Mark begged, "They'll put you in a mental hospital if you keep this up."

Not such a bad thing...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mark we have no choice, look at him!" Grace argued with her eldest son, "It's for his own good!"

"No!" Mark all but cried, "Please, don't take him."

"Mark, it'll own be for a little bit," Grace said weakly.

"But why?"

"You know why."

"Tell me again, then."

"We can either loose him for a little bit now, or loose him forever. It's our choice."

"But-"

"I'll go," The first two words Ryan spoke resonated throughout the room.

"What?" Both Grace and Mark asked, turning to where Ryan was sitting, still staring as if he hadn't said anything at all.

"You heard that... right?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay so I'll just leave this here for now as I finish writing this arc (which'll take some time) but I have this awesome idea for a new Mech-x4 story. Should I write it? I'll be updating this story ASAP anyways, but it's a really cool idea and I just need some motivation to start it. It'll actually be a stand alone story and it deals with the Earth's magnetic field and junk. It's amazing. And fun to write, or, well, to think around.

Anywho... thanks for reading! I know it's short, but I should be updating the next chapter tomorrow, I just have to time-frame it. Sorry that I'm adding this late, but there will be a series of OC's in the next chapter! I just needed other patients and staff for the mental hospital. Nothing too crucial and you won't have to worry about them after the arc.

Let me know your thoughts on the new story in the comments, and don't forget to live life and love PINEAPPLES!!!