Hospital (DARC)

Warning : Mentions of suicide and other medical hoopla (because I know words)

They immediately put Ryan on a ventilator.

But at that point it was too late.

He had already slipped away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A coma.

He wasn't dead.

Not dead not deadnotdeadnotdeadnotdeadnot-

Not yet, anyways...

Mark sat in a chair besides Ryan, bandages covering both of their faces.

They didn't know how long he had to live. If he would even make it through the night. If he'd ever wake up, and if he did what the extent of the damage was.

Mark sighed, running a hand down his face.

Grace walked back into the room, a coffee in her hand, "Any change?"

"None."

Grace put a comforting hand on her son's shoulder, "It's not your fault. There's nothing else you could've done."

A harsh sound crossing between a growl and a sob escaped Mark as he covered his eyes with his hands.

"I just don't know what else to do..." Mark whispered, "He's given up. We're going to lose him. I'm going to lose him." He turned to his mom, "I can't lose him. Not now, not ever."

"Mark..." Grace began sympathetically, "I know it hurts. Believe me, that's my baby. But we have to prepare ourselves for the worst."

"No!" Mark shouted, standing up, his chair pushed back by the sudden motion.

Mark spent a moment watching his younger brother's breath fogging up the mask before fading, only to repeat the process.

He bent down and placed a gentle kiss on Ryan's forehead, whispering a, "Get better soon, little bro." Before he stormed out of the room.

He didn't get very far before he was met with a battered Spyder, Harris, and Leo.

"How is he?" Leo asked, standing.

"The same," Mark said coolly, turning and pushing past them. He opened a door to a stairwell and made his way down.

"Mark, wait!" Harris yelled as Spyder ran down the stairs after him.

"Where are you going? Ryan needs you," Spyder emphasized once he caught up with Mark.

Mark, who wasn't look, turned slightly with his head downcast, "I'm just going to get some air."

Spyder's eyes widened.

Was the great Mark Walker... crying?

No.

The great Mark Walker wasn't, but Mark Walker, MVP for the position of Ryan's brother was. He was openly sobbing at the notion that his brother might be lost forever.

"Mark..." Spyder begged with a word, "Please."

"I-I can't just sit here and watch my brother die, Spyder. Okay? Is that what you wanted to hear? I'm not strong enough to look at my baby brother who tried to kill himself slip away, out of my grasp, at the buzzer. He was so close, you know. So close to getting through this, I could feel it. The monsters, Seth, everything he had overcome, I could feel it pulling at him and I could feel him pushing back. But then he gave up. And now he's going to die at his own hand..."

Mark turned away fully, took a deep breath, and muttered, "...So I'm going to go get some air."

And with that, he walked off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Sniffs* I'm not crying, you're crying. What are you talking about? *Sobs*

Wow this was hard and it's probably only going to get worse so let's do this thang! (Okay, never typing or saying 'thang' every again.)

Until next time, live life and love PINEAPPLES!!!