PTSD Part Four

Turned out Ryan's last known location was Bay City's Bay.

The three were quick to make their way there, only to find Ryan sitting underneath a tree, legs pulled up to his chest and staring out at the water.

"Ryan!" They yelled in unison, and Ryan's head shot up. His eyes widened as he spotted his family and he was quick to his feet.

"Stay back," He ordered, his eyes glowing blue.

Mark took a step forward.

"I said," Ryan spoke, anger coloring his tone, "Stay back."

All electronics with them went haywire.

"Next version of the Mech-link should have an invulnerability to Ryan's technopathic powers," Harris commented, "Noted."

"Ryan, don't you remember who we are?" Spyder asked and Ryan laughed a single laugh that lacked joy.

"Do I remember? Yes I remember! I remember you all agreeing that I need therapy. And as if that isn't enough, you said they'd think I was crazy," Ryan seethed.

"Getting help is not a bad thing, Ryan," Harris made known.

"You're wrong, I don't need help!" Ryan argued.

"What did you just say?" Harris asked.

Spyder looked between the two quickly, clearly torn.

"You are wrong," Ryan said, punctuating each word.

"That's it, son," Harris said, stalking up to Ryan, poking him in the chest, "You listen here and you listen good. We are the good guys. And sometimes, for the sake of everyone, the good guys have to do things they don't want to do. You need help. You're our family, we're going to help you. Not because we pity you or think you're insane, but because we care about you. And you should know that pretty darn well by now. So suck it up, and accept it."

Harris stepped back and stalked off to calm down.

"I'll go get him," Spyder announced, following after Harris to give the brothers some space.

There was a brief pause, "He's right you know."

Ryan sighed, his shoulders going lax, "That doesn't mean I have to like it."

"We're not saying you have to like it. By all means we don't like it either but if this is what it takes to make you better we'll do it," Mark stated, putting a hand on his brother's shoulder, "We'd go to the ends of the Earth for you. And we know you'd do the same for any of us. Not like you haven't done it before, dork."

Mark offered Ryan a small smile which he was hesitant to return.

Mark decided to prompt Ryan, "Brother's?" He asked, offering a hand to Ryan.

"Brothers," Ryan answered immediately, taking his hand.

This road would be a hard one. But they were in it together for the long run. All of them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry it's short, there's one more part focusing on the do's and don't's of PTSD. So, basically, the group attempts to counsel Ryan. This'll be fun.

If you think I should just leave PTSD like this let me know! But if you like it I'll finish it off with one more chapter before continuing. Thanks!

Shoutout to :

@PinkWonder1
@Superavenger212
@ByWolfstar

For their awesome comments! Thanks guys!

Please let me know if I forgot someone. And in case I did, sorry! I'll get to you next time if you speak up, so sorry again!

Live long and love PINEAPPLES!!!