PTSD Part Two / The Nightmare

The beginning of this story, the first nightmare, takes place during PTSD, everything after that is following Ryan's recovery. Ryan doesn't remember waking up because he was in a confused and semi-delusional state, therefore he has little to no memory and I will not tell that part (and only that part) of the story following him. The rest will follow him closely while staying in third person.

Just for future reference.

Warning: Mild gore. Possible trigger warning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ooze, blood, and fire covered the ground.

Mech X4 stood in the middle of it all, Ryan taking in the scene around him.

A small groan pulled his attention from the view, and he turned only to spot Harris unconscious in his chair, blood running down his temple.

"Harris!" Ryan cried, running to his friend's side. That's when he spotted Spyder.

Spyder was sprawled against the floor of the Mech, head against the wall. He too had blood dripping down his face, but it was flowing more forcefully, and Ryan left Harris' side to apply pressure to Spyder's wounds.

Spyder stirred, his eyes cracking open and he gripped onto Ryan's arm, "You..." He croaked, then he said something in inaudible.

"What?" Ryan asked gently, leaning closer.

"You... you killed us. Why?" Spyder asked, and Ryan was pulled back into his mind.

He was looking out, but he wasn't controlling himself. He watched as he attacked Harris, chocking him until he went limp and then throwing him into the chair. Spyder, who had just entered the room to witness the action, stood shocked as Ryan stalked towards him.

Ryan grabbed Spyder by the shoulder, lifting him up in the air and punching him in the stomach. Spyder attempted to curl in on himself, but Ryan's hold was firm.

Ryan then dropped Spyder to the ground, kicking him repeatedly before reaching down and grabbing him again only to slam him up against the wall.

He used one hand to keep him pinned, taking the other and using it to shove his head against the wall. Ryan, trapped within his mind, screamed, falling to the ground and pounding on it.

His mind pulsed outward, and suddenly he's in his home. His brother lay sleeping on the couch as his mom came to check on him, "What's wrong, Rye-guy?"

"Mom...?" He said, backing up as his mother morphed into Seth Harper, "What's wrong, Rye guy?"

"What... What did you do to my mom?" Ryan demanded.

"What did I do?" Seth asked, motioning to himself with one hand before leaning forward and whispering, "It's what you did."

He flicked Ryan in the head and then Ryan was flung into the middle of the battlefield.

A worn and broken Mech stood fighting without its pilot.

But... It wasn't fighting a monster. It was attacking Bay City. He was attacking Bay City.

"Ryan!" He hears yelled at him, and his brother and mother walk through him, toward the robot.

"Ryan!" Mark shouted again, directing it at Mech X4.

The Mech turned to look at the approaching figures as it lifted its grappling-grip and slung it out towards Mark. Mark dodged, but the arm caught him on the way back, dragging him up into the air.

It flung him up in the air before catching him and squeezing him tightly, crushing him. From the air, Ryan could hear his screams of pain. Ryan rushed forwards, determined to stop the Mech.

He reached the base of the robot and used his technopathy, but nothing happened. He tried again, same result.

He looked up in horror as he witnessed his brother being flung up into the air once more, but this time the robot let him drop to the ground.

"Mark!" Their mother screeched, rushing to her oldest.

"Mark," She cried before looking up and locking eyes with Ryan, "You!" She seethed, getting up and stalking toward him.

"You!" She screamed, locking his chest with her pointer finger, "You monster! I can't believe I brought you into my family! I wish I never adopted you! I wish you were never born! I wish your mere presence never soiled the Earth! You're a curse, Ryan Walker! That's why your parents left you to Leo, that's why he gave you up for adoption, and you're part of the reason Seth wanted to destroy the world! People like you pollute, and if Seth's world is what it takes to get rid of you, then good riddance!"

She then marched back over to Mark and picked him up, cradling to her chest and sobbing.

"Mom..." Ryan called out and she spun around, giving him full view of Mark.

"I'm not your mother! You're not my son! You killed my son! You're weak, pathetic, you're nothing but a monster!"

And with that she spun around and scurried off, Mark still cradled in her arms.

His vision began to fade as everything began to pulse again.

"Monster..."

"You're not my son..."

"I wish you were never born..."

Past battles began to flow through his mind, mixing reality with falsehood.

History rewrote itself until Ryan didn't know who he was anymore.

Wait... who's Ryan?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry it's short, I just wanted to get something out to you guys. We're almost to the weekend! The weekend, yes the weekend, the weekend is when I can write!
Really write!
Soooooo excited!

There will be a part three!
Wow I'm using exclamation points a lot.

Thanks for reading (even though it's short) and I'll be sure to update soon with Ryan waking up.

Until then, live long and love PINEAPPLES!!!