Hypoxemia and Hypoxia (DARC)

Trigger Warning: Mentions of suicide, suicidal tendencies, suicide preparations, and a possible suicide/suicide attempt. Reader digression strongly advised.

He was in the middle of a compression when Ryan coughed.

Harris rolled him onto his side, propping Ryan up slightly with his own body as Ryan wheezed heavily from his mouth.

Ryan spit a little, drool dribbling down his blue lips and face.

Wait...

Harris quickly put a hand on Ryan's face, feeling the coolness radiating from it. He murmured a curse word to himself, cursing himself and everything around him for not recognizing it sooner.

He grabbed the first-aid kit with one hand while using the other to check Ryan's pulse, which was beating unnaturally fast.

His breathing was short and rapid as Harris pulled out a mask that covered Ryan's nose and mouth while supplying oxygen.

Harris' hands, clammy from Ryan's sweat - or maybe that was his own - slipped as he fidgeted with the mask and it disconnected from the oxygen, causing the tank to release the pressurized gas into the atmosphere.

He cursed openly as he attempted to close the tank before all the oxygen was released.

"What happened to him?" A voice asked, and Harris jumped and spun only to find Leo kneeling over Ryan, concern plastered across his face.

"Hypoxemia became Hypoxia and now I've messed up the oxygen tank so I don't know how much is left and-"

Leo shushed Harris as he lifted Ryan.

"Where are you going?" Harris asked, standing and chasing down the fast-walking genius.

"To Mark's car, didn't he tell you?"

Harris gave him a look that screamed 'If he told me, do you think I'd be asking this?' and Leo just kind of shrugged as he continued his speed walk.

Ryan groaned, shifting so his head rolled against Leo's chest.

"We need to hurry."

"No duh."

"Now's not the time for your sass."

"Sorry... I'm just worried about Ryan."

Leo cracked his neck, "Me too."

"Do you think he'll be okay?" You're an adult, you should be able to fix this.

"I don't know." I'm sorry, but there's nothing I can do. Not here. Not now.

They reached Mark's car with Spyder shouting, "Get in, losers! We're going shopping!"

The group collectively shushed him and he shrunk back into his seat.

Leo passed Ryan into the backseat where Harris began reattaching the oxygen tank.

"Is he okay?"

"Does he look like he's okay?!" Harris snapped.

"Harris," Leo scolded, and Harris took a deep, calming breath.

"Sorry, worried."

"Here, try my inhaler," Spyder offered.

Harris looked at him and Spyder, who took it the wrong way, immediately began defending himself, "Okay, look, I figured that hey, he's having breathing problems. I have breathing problems to! And when I have them, I use my inhaler and boom, solved!"

Harris, who's eyes were comically wide, grabbed his friend and pulled him into a hug.

Ryan, who was lying on the seat while staring at the ceiling, looked over at the two of them and began to fight when Harris pulled off the mask.

He tried to speak as he pushed himself as far into the seat as he could go. He whined, his breathing impossible once more.

"Ryan, calm down. They're trying to help you," Mark spoke as he flew.

Ryan calmed slightly at his brother's voice but began fighting again as Harris attempted to bring the inhaler to his mouth.

He whined again, they weren't about to win this battle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading and don't forget to live life and love PINEAPPLES!!!