PTSD Part Three

"Okay, so I've done some more research on PTSD." Harris began.

"...And?" Mark asked, quick to get to the point.

"And," Harris spoke, stressing the word, "There's a lot well have to look out for. PTSD is no joke, we'll have to be careful. Even more so than usual."

"Aw, but I hate being careful!" Spyder pouted.

"We'll have to if we want our Ryan back."

"Ryan back from where?" Ryan mumbled, sitting up, one hand lazily rubbing at his right eye.

"Ryan!" Mark shouted, running over to his brother and stopping by his side, his face stoic, "What do you remember?"

"Um... You getting home from working on the Mech, then us going to bed, then-" Everything hit Ryan at once. The nightmare. He immediately went silent.

"Then... what, Ryan?" Mark promoted.

Ryan was spacing again, thousand-yard stare style. Mark put a hand on his shoulder and Ryan shook his head, snapping out of it.

"Uh... nothing," Ryan said, going silent once more.

"Rye?" Mark asked, concern coloring his tone, "You know you can tell us anything, right?"

Mark didn't need to look to know that Harris and Spyder nodded their heads in agreement.

Ryan didn't say anything, so Mark prompted him again, "Right?"

Ryan hesitantly nodded and Harris cleared his throat, gaining the attention of Spyder and Mark. He then did a head-jerk toward the door.

The two got the hint, and after a brief falsified explanation of why they had to leave to Ryan, they made their way out the door, Harris soon following.

"I'm telling you now, we need to get him diagnosed. He needs therapy." Harris argued.

"Therapy? Are you crazy? There's no one he can talk to but us about his technopathic abilities. And say he did open up, they'd either take him serious and his secret, not to mention all of ours even though at this point I really could care less. Or, even worse, they could call him crazy and lock him up!" Mark argued, voice gradually growing in frustration with the fact that he couldn't help his brother.

"Lock who up?" Ryan asked, eyes wide, as he walked into the room, catching the last part of the conversation.

"Ryan," Mark said, pleading as he took a step forward.

Ryan backed up, shouting, "No!" Before he turned around and ran out of the Mech.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They'd been searching for Ryan for hours at that point, any thought of school completely gone from their heads.

"Any sign of Alpha?" Harris asked over the Mech-link.

"No," Mark said, "And do we really have to use code names? Isn't this a secure frequency?"

"Hey, you never know, maybe aliens would pick up on it," Spyder interrupted, making other boys groan.

"Guys, we can track Ryan using his Mech-link," Harris said, coming to the realization.

"What if he took it off?" Spyder asked.

"It's likely that he thinks it's a normal watch if his memory is still being affected. Even if he did, we'd have a last known location, which is more than we have now." Harris explained.

"Then what are we waiting for?" Mark questioned, "Let's go."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry it's short. Sorry it sucks. And sorry that there are going to be at least two more parts of PTSD before this arc ends.

Oh well, I'll try to update more frequently, but they may be shorter for times sake.

Thanks guys! Don't forget to live long and love PINEAPPLES!!!