Depression (PTSD Arc)

Trigger Warning : Mentions of suicide, suicidal thoughts and tendencies, depressed thoughts and actions, mentions of PTSD and other mental illnesses, possible psychosis and paranoia, and self injury, etc.

The song is to be played as you read, for it represents Ryan's mental state. Mostly durning the second half of the chapter. Characters are meant to be OOC.

And yet at the end of this, you have been warned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Where do you think he went?" Harris asked.

"The Mech?" Spyder suggested.

"Too obvious," Mark stated while pacing before turning to Harris, "You can use the Mech-Link to track him, right?"

"I-I don't know," Harris admitted, "It's possible he learned from last time and left it here, but I'll check."

And Harris did just that, while Mark and Spyder searched Ryan's room for signs of where he would've gone.

"Found it!" Spyder cheered, hopping up from under the bed, lifting the Mech-Link over his head triumphantly.

Harris sighed, "Great, he left it behind."

"Now what?" Mark asked, growing desperate (which he seemed to be doing a lot of recently) and pacing again.

"Now..." Harris began, "We look for Ryan."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ryan... Here boy!" Spyder whistled like he was calling a dog and Mark slapped him in the stomach.

Spyder clutched his stomach in fake - though slightly real - pain and wailed, "My baby! He killed my baby!"

The two rolled their eyes at Spyder's antics, opting to ignore him.

"Any sign of him?" Harris asked over the link and Mark shook his head 'no' before realizing that Harris was on the other side of the park and therefore could not see him.

"No," Mark verbalized, looking at Spyder who was goofing off and checking behind lampposts for Ryan, "Tell me why I had to be paired up with Slyper again?"

Harris rolled his eyes upwards, huffing a breath, "You're with Spyder because we agreed that it was best for me to go to the Mech to scan for Ryan's unique heat signature while you and Spyder look for Ryan."

"Yeah, Cypher, got it," Mark said distractedly as he spotted light glinting off of something near a tree, "I'll... I'll be right back. I'm gonna go check something out."

"Oh-kay...?" Harris said, "Spyder, come in."

"Aye aye, captain," Spyder shouted into the Mech-Link.

Harris glared at nothing, "Not the time, not the time. You should be looking for Ryan! Not goofing off! Split off from Mark, head to school grounds and look there, I think I've found something. It could just be the ooze messing with my scanners, but I'm not sure..."

"Okay bro, I'm on it!" Spyder jumped up, ignoring the dig as he sprinted to the school.

Mark, on the other hand, stayed in the park as he approached what appeared to be a piece of metal. He picked it up, inspecting it closely when it slipped and sliced his hand. He yelped and let go of it, clutching his hand which, miraculously enough, wasn't bleeding.

But the thing was, there was blood on the blade.

Lots of it, for a tiny blade that most likely came from a manual pencil sharpener.