PTSD

Previously on Mech X4...

The first monster the team battled jumped up on Mech X4 and bit the right arm of the robot.

Ryan yelled in pain, "Why did it hurt?!"

"You are bonded to the robot," Harris reasoned.

The scene cuts to Ryan riding his skateboard through the Mech.

He stoped and picked up the skateboard outside of Harris' lab.

"Oh hey, Ryan, check this out. I'm trying to create a weapon for the chest. I figured we could use something more powerful after we got out butts kicked by clawboon," Harris said as the scene cut to the monster kicking their collective butts.

There's a reverberating boom as the scene cuts back to Ryan walking through the Mech.

He passed Spyder, working on some tech and the sound of the metal on metal reminded him of an explosion that sent him flying.

He winced in pain, making a slightly annoyed and pained sound.

The sound of Mark hammering some more tech is what put him over the edge.

He remembered the first monster they fought and how it attacked with its tail. More importantly, he remembered the pain.

The voices of his team seem to swirl as they fill the air and the room seems to spin. The booming of his brother's tech echoing.

"Would everyone just shut it, for like, three seconds!"

The scene cut again, "I have all these people depending on me. And I've just been having all these flashbacks..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ryan sits on the couch playing video games as Mark opens the front door and flops down beside him.

"Hard day?" Ryan asks, amusement working its way into his voice as his eyes stay trained on the game.

"Shut it, dingus," Mark replies, standing up, "Or next time you'll be the one who gets covered in oil trying to fix your brother's robot."

Ryan makes a face, turning to face Mark, "You don't have a robot."

"Exactly," Mark says, pointing at Ryan as he repeats himself, "Exactly."

"Whatever, weirdo," Ryan comments, shaking his head as he turns his attention back to his game.

Mark rolls his eyes as he shrugs off his jacket and walks back over to the couch, watching his brother's gameplay.

"You gonna start talking to yourself again?" Mark asks playfully.

"Hey! Self coaching is a true method. It really works!" Ryan defends as a bomb explodes on screen.

Mark rolls his eyes again but stops when he spots his brother's wince, "Ryan?"

Ryan doesn't respond. His eyes are lost in a thousand-yard stare.