Abuse (DARC)

Trigger warning : Abuse, bullying, and mentions of suicide.

This was the third fight today.

Only difference? This one was about him.

Or rather, included him.

No, he wasn't fighting. He would've had an unfair advantage. Not every mentally ill superhero enjoys beating people for the fun of it.

Besides, he wasn't at fault.

Not really, anyways.

Just because he didn't respond vocally when they boy spoke to him didn't mean he was ignoring him, he just didn't feel like talking.

Of course, that's kind of hard to explain without talking.

So that's why he was on the floor, doing his best to block his face as staff members evacuated other patients and attempted to pull the rouge off him.

"Get off me you-" The boy yelled, explicits flying from his mouth as he was restrained and taken to the quiet room.

After that, rumors spread like wildfire as more and more kids learned to stay away from 'The Mute', that he was dangerous, and that he was really the one who started the fight because he didn't talk to the kid.

Ryan, unable to speak, went without defending himself and allowed the abuse to roll over him in a comforting wave. Something familiar. At last.

He walked back to his room silently, something not unusual for him to do, when a patient shoved him into the wall. He simple pushed himself off the wall and walked into his room, shutting the door and ignoring the patient.

That's when the abuse became ten times worse. It was only verbal at first, but then it became little pushes and nudges, the occasional tripping here and there.

And then it became even more physical.

Students started not caring about getting in trouble. They had a new outlet for their anger. The mute.

Ryan stopped going to the hospitals gym after he got a concussion from being hit in the head with a football thrown full force at his head.

He stopped going to the cafeteria after someone tripped him and he fell into his food.

Stopped leaving his room after people pulled chairs out from under him whenever he went to sit.

Stopped getting out of bed when students did puzzles in front of his closed door only to slide hateful messages under it.

As he fell deeper into depression, the psychiatrist put him back onto one-to-one, causing his door to have to stay open.

That only made things worse.

The bullying increased tenfold. Again.

Students glared into his room as they passed by. Some tried to come into his room to attack him. They increased staff, regulating them around Ryan.

Grace and Mark knew nothing off this. Ryan refused to tell them. To him, there was nothing to tell.

Finally the staff had had enough. They sat everyone down and explained that anyone who bullied or abused another patient would stay in the quiet room until the victim was released. That meant no activities, being put on red, and not going home for even longer. They'd have to start the cycle over again.