Superheroes Don't Cry (DARC)

Trigger Warning : Everything.

The funeral was a small one.

Family, friends, and the vast majority of the school showed up to mourn the loss of a boy who took his own life.

Unlike the movies, it was a bright day with birds chirping and the smell of fresh dirt burning in everyone's noses as the casket was lowered into the ground.

After that, everything changed.

Posters went up on the walls in the school. Theories spread like wildfire. And people changed.

Those who didn't know Ryan blamed him. Those who did blamed themselves.

And no, that's not okay.

Mark became a shell of himself. A shell Grace refused to let out of her sight.

Ever since the day he found out he hadn't been able to keep much down, and even when he did it was in extremely small quantities.

Harris and Spyder clung to each other, becoming defensive whenever they thought someone was threatening themselves or each other.

The Mech became Leo's home. A home he refused to leave after Ryan's funeral.

Anyone who tried to convince him to leave got chased out. And believe me, many tried.

Mark finally sat Grace down after a night spent up crying and explained everything. Everything everything.

At first Grace was mad, furious actually, but once she calmed down she understood.

That still didn't keep her from asking why. Why did her baby have to hurt so much to take his own life? Why did he think that was the only option? Why?

This was something they'd never get over.

Someone was ripped from their life. Someone who held endless value. Gone. By his own hand.

Mark spent his nights in Ryan's room, trying to preserve the smell of him while it lasted.

The final piece of his brother that was left behind.

Eventually things at school died down, but the people there never forgot. Nor would they ever.

Grace took up drinking as a way to dull the pain. But after one too many nights of hearing her vomit on the floor, Mark sent her to a rehabilitation center and moved into the Mech with Leo.

They kept their distance, a 150 foot robot has a lot of space. Space they utilized.

Harris and Spyder visited occasionally, still the group drifted without their leader. A year past by.

And then the monster attacks started again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What is this place?"

"I bring you here as a gift. You wanted to find your past? Here it is."

"This is a graveyard."

"And that's your headstone."

He let out a short laugh, "Yeah right. We both know that's not true. I didn't die, I'm right here."

"You-"

A monster landed on the ground, kicking up dirt and destroying headstones.

"What is that?" He yelped as his mentor grabbed him and dragged him behind a tree.

"That, my dear boy, is a monster."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Fandom freak out intensifies*

I hope you know that this is what I do for fun so yeah... I sincerely hope I've rocked your world.

Hahahave fun waiting for the next update! Live life and love PINEAPPLES!!!