Chapter 102

JUDE

I sat on the floor not knowing what to do. "They have Reed's body." I said massaging my forehead.

"What do we do?" Lara asked.

"We can't fight them. Did you see how they threw Jude like his weight is nothing? They're too powerful." Kade said.

Sandy was pacing back and forth, "We need to think of a plan." She said.

"I agree." I said.

"What if- nothing." Kade said.

"What if what?" I asked.

"What if when we do have a plan and get inside the palace but when we see Reed's body- rather what's left of his body. He might get experimented on by Aya and Sebastian."

"Don't be such a pessimist." I said looking directly at Kade.

"We can take a look around the island." I said not losing hope that we could find where Reed's body was.

I stood up, "Kade and Lara, you scout the north while Sandy and I scout the south area of the island. We'll meet each other in this Nipa hut after sunset."

They both nodded and went on, "Is there something wrong?" I asked Sandy since she's been pretty quiet.

"I can't seem to forget what they've done to Reed. He didn't deserve that, all that he is is a guy who is madly inlove with girl that is man enough to whatever it takes to save her." She said crying.

"I'm here for you. I love you." I said as I kissed her head and hugged her tight. "Now, let's go."

We walked the parts of the South area, and we still haven't found anything. It was close to Sunset too,

"What is that?" Asked Sandy.

I looked at what she was looking at and it was a cave, "Well, that was fast." I said as I walked further into the cave we were greeted by a loud scream by Lara and Kade.

"What have y'all found? 'cause we found nothing." Lara said.

"I don't know if you've noticed but we found a cave." I said sarcastically at Lara.

We walked inside the dark cave, we didn't have a phone or a flashlight. It was pretty dark, we kept getting scratched by the walls of the tunnel, "This is so painful." Lara complained.

"Just stop complaining. If you don't like it here then just leave." Sandy said fed up with Lara's annoying mouth.

"Lara, can you please stop babbling about nonsense shit." Kade said.

"You alright, man? " I asked Kade.

"A little worked up, but I can manage." He said. "I could've never done what Reed did."

"Let's be honest, nobody could. Except true blooded guardians who are dedicated to saving their chosen." I said.

"But he loved Bree. He wanted to be with her- but I did too."

"Maybe you didn't love her enough." I said

There was silence after that and peace. I would say sorry, but it's been a while since I felt peace and quiet-

"One more step and you'll die." A familiar voice said.

We all froze where we were standing, "Who are you?" Asked Kade.

"It's Aya." She said as she appeared floating and glowing.

I looked over to where she said we were going to step on and there was a big hole, "Why?"

"What do you mean why?"

"Why did you warn us that we're going to die? You obviously wanted Reed to die."

"We wanted him to die? We wanted his spirit to leave his body and into the realm to which where his beloved is held captive."

"But he died!" Sandy cried out.

"He's alive."