Chapter 104

MIKHAIL

"Such a pity that Gabreelle is stuck with you." He said looking at me. "If it were me that she had to be with, She would've been safe!" He yelled at me and pushed me.

"Just tell me how to reach her! We're wasting time!" I yelled.

"Isn't it obvious? There should only be one of us. It's either you or me going out of this phase alive and saving Gabreelle. I doubt you'd survive, just kill yourself now so I can go to her now."

"I won't step down without giving a fight!"

He chuckled darkly, "Why? Because you're the honorable one? Because you're the Rejected mate from the prophecy?"

I looked at him confused, "What the fuck are you on about?"

He laughed sarcastically, "Oh C'mon!" He looked at me, "Don't tell me that you don't know that you are the Rejected mate from the prophecy."

"What prophecy?"

"This just proves that you're not fit enough to be Gabreelle's guardian." He said.

"Just tell me what the prophecy says!"

"You were destined to be rejected, you were destined to be appointed as the Moon goddess' daughter's guardian, you were also destined to reach this phase where you and I battle it out to see who gets to take over your body." He said looking at my lifeless body getting hit with the whip.

Wasn't Gabreelle the Rejected mate in the prophecy?

"And?"

He snorted and gave a bitter smirk, "The thing is, the prophecy was open-ended from there." He said looking at me.

"Which means whatever happens from here..."

"Whatever happens from here will be permanent and inscribed in the prophecy." He said as we both were on guard and was going in circles, neither of us attacking.

What if I die here?

"Such a shame that the Moon Goddess gave you that. You don't even know how to use it." He said glancing at the sword and then looking at me again.

He shrugged, "It doesn't matter anyway. Once I'm finished with you I get the sword and I get Gabreelle."

I clenched my teeth and pursed my lips at the thought of Gabreelle not being with me.

"What do you say? Will you do the honorable thing and leave everything to me?" He said looking impatient.

"As if I'll do that." I said rolling my eyes.

"You'll never win against me." He said.

"I'll be damned if I don't at least try." I said before charging at him.