Ocelot

Thanks guys for the awesome fast responses to the last chapter!! The beautiful animal above is an ocelot

Thanks guys for the awesome fast responses to the last chapter!! The beautiful animal above is an ocelot. It will make more sense when you read the chapter. Enjoy!

Chapter 22– Ocelot

Again there was something in Gwion's tone that made me believe his words. I followed him curiously. The staircase wound gently as we traveled up two flights. A grand door blocked our entrance. Gwion easily opened it and ushered us through.

I couldn't contain the loud gasp that released from my lips, as I stared upon the most glorious library I had ever seen. There were unending rows and rows of books reaching close to 12 feet in the air. And that was just on the lower level where we were standing. As my gaze drifted upward, I was astounded to realize there were two more levels above us; all of it exquisitely framed with intricately carved rare-woods.

My heart beat faster in my chest. Gwion stared at me with a satisfied smirk. He hadn't been wrong. I wouldn't have missed this for the world. My first love – my thirst for knowledge – ached to be satisfied.

He started up the stairs to the second level. I needed no explanations this time, as I eagerly followed him. After walking through multiple rows of filled-to-the-brim bookcases, we stopped in a secluded corner. Eve seemed grateful when she saw a small seating area and quickly relaxed into one of the comfortable chairs. My brow furrowed as I watched her. She puffed, a little out of breath. I worried what toll this baby would have on her body by the time she delivered.

Gwion took a seat next to her and waved his arm toward the closest bookcases, "I suspect you may find what you are looking for here."

I blinked as I stared at the hundreds of books in front of me. The task was daunting, but the clock was ticking so I hurriedly jumped right in, lightly running my fingers over the aged bindings. "Gwion, what phrases or words am I looking for?"

He rattled off words in several different languages. My brain was on autopilot as I compiled the data he provided and compared it against the titles in front of me. Liam came to my side and murmured, "Let me help you." I smiled at him gratefully but suspected his help was 100% for the benefit of Eve; not to relieve the challenge of my search.

After 20 minutes of searching, I selected three typeset books and two manuscripts that were written on parchment. Liam had also pulled a handful of potential options. We settled on the floor together near Eve's feet, and spread the volumes out in front of us, so she could see them as well.

I flipped through the pages of the first book as quickly and carefully as I could, only to stop in shock when I saw an illustration of a clearly pregnant woman along with a vampiric symbol. "Look," I told Eve as I held the book up for her to see.

"What does it say?" she breathed to Liam.

He flipped back a few pages and then forward. "It appears to pertain to gestation."