Will It Hurt?

Chapter 34 – Will It Hurt?

All three vampires held stock still, staring at me. I found their expressions funny. Rarely had I shocked three vampires – especially these three – into abject silence. I waited, figuring at least one of them would come to their senses soon.

Finally, Myrnin managed – with some difficulty – fighting against what he desperately wanted, versus what he thought the right thing for me was, "You know I am willing....when you are ready. But I don't want you to make this decision because you feel threatened."

I almost rolled my eyes again. "How many times have I been threatened since arriving in Morganville?" I asked him, knowing the answer had to be in double if not triple digits, and continued without waiting for a response, "—and out of all of those times, I never once wanted this." I looked into Myrnin's love filled eyes, my heart glowing when he looked at me like that and whispered, "I'm...ready."

"Cariad..." he whispered, his eyes wide.

I smiled. At least he was back to using my term of endearment properly. This would definitely qualify as an intimate moment of love.

Myrnin looked at Amelie.

"I will help if you need it," she murmured.

"Hold on," Oliver interjected, "While I think it is about time she came to this decision, will the timing make it impossible? Is she going to be able to turn and then submit so completely and soon to him, enough to do this transfer? New vampires can be less than predictable in their behavior."

"I can get her there," Myrnin replied, completely focused, and then smiled slightly, "as long as you don't care too much about our damaging any of your furnishings."

I blushed crimson.

Oliver sat back in his chair and smirked expectantly, "This should be interesting."

Myrnin's intensity was a little breathtaking. "We'll need two, no...four pints of blood, just in case." Oliver nodded and reached back for a phone on the desk behind them.

"Could we do this...privately?" I blushed, thinking about having an audience.

Amelie nodded and replied, "There is a spare room at the end of the hall on the left that you can use. I will have the blood brought to you."

Myrnin took my hand and led me down the hall. My heart was beating out of control, an almost solid thrum. We entered the room and he closed the door quietly behind us, without turning on the light. The moonlight shone through the sheer curtains. My eyes adjusted to the dimness enough to be able to look around. The room was quite luxurious. It had a large intricately carved bed that took up most of one corner, with fine linens in cool blue tones. There was a sitting area across the room with a desk, couch and two comfortable looking upholstered armchairs. A beautiful chandelier hung elegantly from the ceiling.

There was a brisk rapt on the door, making me jump. "Shh...it's okay, love. It's just the blood." Myrnin went to the door, accepted the packages and set the blood on the nightstand. I wrinkled my nose, not particularly excited about that part of the process. Myrnin noticed my reaction and smiled softly, "By the time you have to, you will want to."

Suddenly, I was scared and looked at Myrnin with wide eyes. "Will it hurt?" I whispered.

"Cariad, I will do it as quickly as possible. It isn't pleasant, but it won't last long," he spoke firmly, but I could sense the anxiety behind his words. "Come," he climbed on the bed and sat, resting against the headboard. I followed him. He turned me, so that I was sitting between his legs, my back against the solid wall of his chest. I looked over my shoulder up at him, and searched his eyes as I whispered, "Will you be able to stop?"