What Do I Get in Return?

Chapter 28 – What Do I Get in Return?

I stretched lazily as I opened my eyes, a content hum thrumming in the back of my throat.

"Good morning, Cariad," a sultry voice whispered from behind me. Heat shot through me and I snuggled closer to Myrnin's naked body, again awed by my new reality. It had been three weeks since we had returned to Morganville. And true to his promise, Myrnin and I did not leave the lab for the first seven days, while I tried to work out my increased sexual appetite.

Myrnin was completely unbothered by our isolation and always ready to satisfy any urge I might have, frequently initiating our encounters and pushing my restraint with his carefree nudity. However, by the eighth day I was able to see him naked and not demand his immediate response. I think he was a little disappointed, but I was relieved. I needed to find some balance. I couldn't just spend the rest of my life in bed with him, as appealing that sounded.

I turned in his arms to face him and smiled, "Hello."

"Are you excited about shopping with Eve today?"

My smile widened. Eve's little baby bump had grown shockingly large over the last three weeks. I still couldn't wrap my brain around the fact that she would be delivering a child – an immortal one at that – in one more week. We were going today to pick up last-minute supplies, and I'm sure, more outfits. Eve was a bit addicted to buying tiny girl clothing.

"Yes... Which means I need your credit card," I replied with a smirk.

"Of course you do... But what do I get in return?" His tone lowered as he reached to wrap one of my legs around him, pulling me tightly against his erection. Fire cascaded through my abdomen. I may have had the willpower to deny myself when just seeing him naked, but all of my control flew out the window at the smallest touch. And this definitely wasn't a small touch.

My breathing was shallow as his lips found the soft flesh above my collar bone. "Hmmm?" He asked, still insisting on my answer.

I tried to remember the question, but my brain was foggy with desire.

"Tell me... What do I get?" He demanded huskily as he reached around my leg and began to tease the most intimate part of me with his fingers.

I gasped my response, "Anything!"

"Anything I want?" He purred seductively and thrust two fingers into me.

I cried out a sharp expression of pleasure and panted, "Yes, yes... Anything you want!"

"That's my girl," he licked his lips as they turned up in a wicked smile, "because I plan on taking all of you...In every way that I know how."

Searing heat rose to the surface of my skin and I shuddered in anticipation. Over the past weeks, he had taught me many new forms and techniques of pleasure. I was thankful that I didn't have to meet Eve until three more hours. From his words, I knew exactly what he wanted from me, and we were going to need every bit of that time to satisfy him.

Three hours later...

I could barely walk and swayed a little as I made my way into the shower. I heard Myrnin chuckle behind me from his relaxed position on the bed, and promptly flashed him my lovely middle finger.

He laughed and teased, "So soon, my dear? I'm not sure your body can take it."

I didn't acknowledge his words as I shut the door and turned on the hot water, but he was right. I was sore all over – a good kind of pain.

I wasn't in the shower for more than a few minutes before Myrnin joined me. He gently turned me around so that he could wash my hair. I loved it when he did that. I relaxed into the calming sensation of his fingers massaging my scalp.

"Myrnin, has Gwion said when he plans to leave?" I asked in speculation. I was surprised that Gwion had decided to stay for a while and guessed his reason was Amelie.

Myrnin shook his head and confirmed my suspicion, "No. I think he is waiting for Amelie to agree to return with him."

"Return with him?!" I asked in surprise. I suspected Gwion had been courting or wooing her, or whatever they called it, but I was still surprised at the idea of her leaving Morganville. "What about Oliver?" I breathed.

"Oliver is raving mad and taking all of his frustration out on finding Ciro."

I shivered under the hot water. The sooner they found him, the sooner we could get back to some sort of normalcy.

"Does he have any new leads?"

"No, but I expect his methods have likely accelerated."

"Accelerated?" My eyebrow lifted as I repeated him. Oliver had already been aggressively hunting Ciro. I couldn't imagine what additional techniques were still left to be employed in the search.

Myrnin understood my question and just shook his head. "You don't want to know."

I shivered again.

We stepped out of the shower and Myrnin grabbed a white fluffy towel to dry me off. He moved with experienced efficiency and soon we were both dressed. I settled onto the couch to wait for the car. "What are your plans for today?"

"Gwion will be stopping by, so that we can go over some additional security measures for the city."

I had noticed that Myrnin only invited Gwion, if I were going to be gone. I could understand his precaution however Amelie seemed to be front and center of his attention. "What do you think... About Amelie and Gwion?"

Myrnin's forehead creased. "I'm not sure. He appears to be sincere and even making a noticeable effort, which is unusual for him. But I don't trust his motives. He has never been one to enjoy the affections of just one woman."

A nagging worry at the back of my brain rose to the front. I whispered, "Could he force her to go?" Gwion had bitten her and held on for quite some time. I knew that forcing a bite on another vampire could establish innate authority over them. It was the very reason Oliver had objected so vehemently to Gwion's doing it.

I could tell that Myrnin didn't want to answer this question. He paused for a long moment and then replied, "It is not outside the realm of possibility..."