What He Can't Have

Chapter 32 - What He Can't Have

Myrnin and I sat on the well-used couch, enjoying some alone time. A week had gone by since Eve delivered Faeryn, and they were all settled comfortably back in the Glass house. Eve was going to make a wonderful mother. It was good that she had a fire of attitude inside of her. She was going to need it, because Faeryn had every bit the strong will that Eve did - and more.

We had learned that Faeryn's body would continue to grow at an accelerated rate, compared to a human. Not the same 4-to-1 ratio that she had during gestation. It would be more like 2-to-1 because it would only take nine years for Faeryn to reach her full maturity. It seemed so strange. In the short span of nine years, Faeryn would be completely grown into a young woman - and never change from that point on.

Myrnin drew me out of my internal rambling when his head came down to my neck. I giggled and breathed, "What are you doing?"

"Hmm," he murmured a non-answer, while his tongue ran along my carotid artery.

I shivered in anticipation, but had been getting better at my resistance to his frequent intimate advances. "I realized that I've made it much too easy for you. I think you need a challenge," I replied with a gleam in my eyes.

He quickly picked up on my tone, further accelerating his desire to claim me. He growled low.

"See, this is what I'm talking about. You think that because you kiss me once, that I will give in to you," I replied in playful petulance.

"And you think you won't?" he returned my challenge huskily, leaning again into my neck.

I placed a hand on his chest to stop him "I think that you need to work for it. See, we've had way too many occurrences where you have left my clothing in shreds. I think it's about time for you to learn how to properly undress a girl without causing her to have to go shopping the next day."

"I would be happy to carefully undress you," he purred in agreement, as he reached for the top button on my blouse.

Fire shot through me at his tone, but I held myself together and quickly swatted his hand away, clarifying, "No... The problem only occurs when you are using your teeth."

Understanding lit his expression. "So, you would like me to remove your clothes - with my teeth - without causing any tears in the fabric?" He grinned wickedly, his fangs sliding down into place.

"You are a brilliant man," I seductively mocked him.

"You know I will want something in return," he warned in a slow drawl of desire.

"I never doubted it, but let's just see how far you get before we start negotiating your prize," I smirked.

He growled low in fierce anticipation, "You don't think I can do it?"

I shook my head at him and teased, "You're good, but I don't think you're that good."

His eyes flashed and his pupils dilated completely. Heat rocked through my body. I knew I was playing a dangerous game. Challenging him always awakened his predator side, but I was confident there was no possible way he was getting me out of my skinny jeans, using only his teeth - and not tearing the fabric.

His head came down to my blouse. He released the top button and murmured, "When I win... "

Quite quickly, he undid a second button and promised, "And I will win..."

A third button easily sprung open. "I get to decide my prize..." he continued hypnotically.

The last button easily surrendered to his will as he commanded low, "...no negotiating."