It's a Start

Music: Die Another Day by Noctura – this is the perfect, I mean perfect, song for this chapter. You must check it out

Chapter 50 – It's a Start

Myrnin's eyes were livid as they slowly traveled down my body and back up again, noting the very minimal clothing I was wearing. It didn't help that Dargan stood next to me with a cocky grin plastered on his face. From the corner of my eye, I saw Trystan push Abigail behind him and back into the still-open elevator. She quickly pressed a button so the doors would close, removing her from the close proximity of a potentially lethal confrontation.

I was caught in Myrnin's dark liquid eyes and struggled to force my mind to function. I tried to side-step around him and mumbled, "Excuse me, I have to go..."

Before I could even register his movement, he snaked an arm around my body and pulled me against his chest, locking me in place. I froze, which was quite the opposite to the explosion of activity inside of my body at his touch. Adrenaline roared through me, and every nerve ending seemed electrified.

His head came down to nuzzle my ear, and his breath tickled my neck as he growled low, "This isn't over." In the same instant, he let down his emotional block, allowing his arousal and desire to crash over me. Immediately, heat pooled between my thighs. And I wanted him – fiercely.

He lingered. It could have been for a moment or an eternity, somehow time had ceased to exist, and then he released me. I focused my complete attention on remembering how to remain standing. The elevator had reopened. He walked inside, his fiery gaze holding mine as the doors closed between us.

And then he was gone.

Trystan must have realized I was going to need some assistance, because he took my arm and gently guided me to my room, while I remained silent and speechless. In the background, I heard him call Abby, letting her know it was safe to return. By the time Abby joined me in the room, I had remembered how to use my words and was raging angry again. I hissed as I paced the room for the hundredth time,"How dare he?!"

"Claire..." Abby began soothingly, trying to calm me down.

I cut her off, "How dare he fuck that whore and then treat me like he still owns me?!"

"Claire, you don't know for certain that he actually...um, 'fucked the whore'," she patiently reminded me.

I stopped and looked at her. The way she said it tickled me and I actually giggled at her expression. She visibly relaxed now that I wasn't raving mad, and took the opportunity to further convince me, "Was he right when he assumed you and Gwion slept together?"

I was stunned. Everything had happened so quickly, that I hadn't had time to actually confirm for her that Gwion and I didn't have sex. But she seemed already convinced, particularly if she was using it as an argument to convince me Myrnin didn't defile the slut. I asked her curiously, "How did you know that we didn't?"

She responded wryly, "There were a few clues. First, there were no broken pieces of furniture. And second, he wouldn't have left in an hour and a half. It is no secret how much he wants you. If he finally had you all to himself, it would have been an all-night affair. And more likely in his suite, not here. If Myrnin had been thinking clearly, he would have realized that."

I sat down, and stared at her, wishing for the universe to give me the answer I wanted as I asked anxiously, "Do you know for certain that Myrnin didn't sleep with her?"

She replied tightly, "No. He hasn't shared any details with Trystan. But I think you should keep an open mind."

My head was spinning, and I desperately wanted to shut it off. But there was no chance of that happening if I just sat here and festered. I had seen a bar downstairs earlier, the perfect opportunity for me to revel in some much needed distraction. I made a quick decision and said, "Okay, I'll keep an open mind...While we drink. Get dressed."