A Little Rough

Well Peaches, here it is – the last chapter.

Chapter 58 – A Little Rough

When I awoke, the lab was noticeably missing the sound of Myrnin's typical antics – glass breaking, all nature of items crashing and the occasional cursing. Glancing around, I spotted a handwritten note in elegant script, "Have some errands to run. Be back in a few hours. Love, Myrnin."

Hmmm...I wondered if any of his errands had something to do with Amelie. Apprehension crashed over me in waves as I considered her plight. Her identity was gone. Well not gone really, just misplaced – inside of my body. I couldn't believe Myrnin thought she might kill herself. The concept of a world without Amelie somewhere in it, just seemed so bizarre to me. Amelie needed her power back. And I was more than ready to give it to her.

Gwion could fix this, but he was being too damned stubborn. As much as he tried to hide it, I had seen his softer side...Choices he made and actions he took that helped others, without an obvious link to benefit him. He played by his own rules, certainly, but I had a hunch those rules included a measure of respect and loyalty to certain individuals...Oddly enough, Myrnin being most prevalent. I guess that should not surprise me, considering how similar they were in personality. I smiled as I remembered our fateful trip to Walmart. They had both acted like mischievous little boys...So different from the cruel cold-blooded killer vampires that they were.

And Gwion admitted I had earned different rules as well. He had also shared that I affected him more than I realized, and claimed he had never wanted a woman as much as he wants me. I wasn't quite sure I believed all of that, but I had to think a small part of him might listen and agree with my argument to remove Amelie's powers from me.

I pulled out a pair of skinny jeans quickly, slid them up my legs and fastened them at my waist.

I had made up my mind.

Myrnin wouldn't be back for a few more hours. That would give me time to go see Gwion and try to convince him to change his mind. Myrnin definitely would not like the idea of me appealing to Gwion's softer side, but I had to do something. I had to at least try. I couldn't just let Gwion walk away, leaving Amelie suicidal and me crazy.

I selected a soft green blouse and buttoned it up the front swiftly. Now that I had made up my mind, I was anxious to get it over with. Certainly, the fastest way to get him would be by portal. Oliver had shared with Myrnin that Gwion was staying in one of the estate homes near the northern border. Thankfully, that house was tied into the portal system. I just wasn't sure where the portal ended up inside of the house. Myrnin hadn't shared exactly which room, and I couldn't very well ask him now. Oh well, no matter where it ended, it couldn't be that bad. It was just a house, for heaven sakes.

I couldn't have been more wrong.

Closing my eyes, I concentrated on the portal system, navigating with my mind where I wanted to go. The house came into view. The portal materialized. I stepped through and then opened my eyes.

The sight in front of me was indeed shocking. Gwion stood a few feet away, obviously having just exited the shower. His skin glistened with remaining water droplets. The muscles in his stomach, chest and arms rippled, seemingly of their own accord. I knew that, because the only clothing he wore, wasn't really clothing at all – but a towel wrapped low on his hips.

I inhaled sharply.

Amelie's power leapt inside my belly and itched at my skin, shockingly close to being set free. It knew exactly what it wanted. The sudden heat that flooded my body left me breathless and tingling. I was taken aback by the ferocity of it, way stronger than I had ever felt before.