Epilogue

Music: 'I Will Find You' by Clannad (shit, this song is powerful. click to listen above)

Chapter 59 – Epilogue
Without warning, Gwion and Dargan broke through the defenses of the Glass House.

Eve locked her arms around her daughter as Michael crouched in front of them, viciously snarling at their uninvited guests.

Gwion stared at him as though he were a fly to be swatted out of his way. "Move," Gwion spoke hypnotically as he compelled Michael to release his defensive position in front of Eve and walk across the room.

A small cry released from the back of Eve's throat as Gwion advanced on her purposefully, his attention zeroed in on her daughter in her arms. He purred "You called, Little One?"

"Why are you doing this? You helped us. Don't... Please don't take her," Eve cried. "It would kill me," she whispered.

Gwion responded simply, "I have no intention of taking her without you."

"What?" Eve asked in confusion.

He explained patiently, "The child needs her mother. But you must decide right this moment – come with her or say goodbye. Which will it be?"

"And what are you planning to be – her father?" Eve seethed through her tears.

The look in Gwion's eyes froze her cold. "Of course not, I have much more important plans for her than that."

Tears ran freely from Eve's eyes as she looked to Michael. She could barely breathe to speak the words as she whispered, "What do I do?"

Michael looked like a wounded animal caught trap. A pain worse than death, swirled in his eyes as he replied in defeat, "Go...She needs you. I will find you! I swear that I will find you!"

"I need to get her things," Eve mumbled as shock muddied her brain.

"There is no need for that. She will have everything she desires – and more," Gwion promised. "Come," he held out his hand.

Eve refused to take it and just followed him numbly to the waiting vehicle outside. Even though she couldn't see through the darkened glass, Eve knew the car was moving at incredible velocity. An unending trail of tears ran down her cheeks. She heard the roar of the jet engine before the car even rolled to a stop. Her feet touched the ground for only a few steps before she was ushered up into the belly of the plane. They were airborne within seconds.

Gwion sat next to her, carefully watching. He held out his arms and murmured, "May I?"

Fresh tears fell from her eyes as she begged him not to touch her daughter. Gwion smiled at her softly; his voice lowering into the hypnotic tone of compulsion, "You are safe now. No harm will come to you or your daughter. You know I will not hurt her."

Eve's entire body relaxed.

Gwion smiled widely at her response and reached again for Faeryn. Eve held one more moment and hesitantly lifted her. As she closed the distance between them, Gwion spoke softly, "Be careful with the child...She is precious." He took her into his arms and looked down at her innocent sleeping face and murmured, "Hello, Kitten..."

.

Okay Peaches, I am hoping that the last two chapters made sense, but to recap just in case: Myrnin compelled Claire to get Amelie's power to come to life and he also compelled her to take control of Gwion, which is why she reacted surprisingly fast and couldn't focus on anything other than controlling him. The trigger Myrnin planted in her mind was meant to release as soon as she had full control. Neither Myrnin or Claire knew if she could even accomplish full control or not, and certainly didn't know if she would be able to do it before having sex with Gwion. Obviously their plan worked.

And as you probably already guessed, the third presence in Gwion's mind was Faeryn. Remember, he communicated with her for hours while she was still inside Eve's belly, so he recognized her mind.