Do It

Music: 'Cut the Cord' by Shinedown (click to listen above)

Chapter 55 – Do It

I didn't know how much time had gone by.

I was too busy burning.

My wrists were smoldering and scalded red. Wisps of smoke periodically puffed off of my charbroiled skin. The ruined flesh bubbled as fresh blisters grew and then popped, only to immediately make room for new ones. My body fought a constant battle between healing, only to have the silver incinerate me once again.

It was all I could do not to scream in agony. Sweat poured off of me as I trembled uncontrollably. The few times I had broken down and let out a shriek, Ciro's hand immediately returned to his dick.

What the fuck was wrong with this man?!

After that, I locked my jaw tight and brutally gnawed on my lower lip with my teeth, drawing blood, to keep me from whimpering.

Ciro looked disappointed. He leaned toward me and whispered, "It is okay...Let it out. You are fucking beautiful when you scream. The pain will also enhance our pleasure later. You will see. Pain and pleasure always go hand in hand."

"The only thing I see in your hand is your dick," I ground out between clenched teeth.

He laughed and sat back.

Abruptly, a man's voice could be heard over some sort of intercom, "We have a problem."

Ciro's head jerked up. Hope soared through me. Anything that was a problem to them was probably fantastic news for me. Ciro slammed his fist down on a button on the console next to him, presumably enabling his side of the conversation and snarled, "What is it?!"

"Black sports car coming up on our left – fast."

Even through my agony, I smiled brilliantly.

It had to be either Gwion or Myrnin or hopefully, both! Relief flooded my system. I hadn't allowed myself to think about what had happened to them after I left. I couldn't face that emotional trauma in addition to dealing with Ciro, so I had blocked it out – until now. Now, I let the knowledge of their safety wash over me, soothing the parts not currently on fire.

Ciro knew who was coming as well. His face contorted in fear and anger as he snarled, "How does that motherfucker always find you so quickly?! We got away cleanly."

I laughed shakily.

Ciro snapped his head toward me and hissed, "What the fuck have you done?! Are you wearing a tracking device?! Fuck! I knew I should have stripped you naked the moment I had you."

Barely able to speak, I rasped with great difficulty, "I didn't do anything, dickhead. You did! Myrnin can track me...Without the assistance of any device."

Pant. Pant. Pant.

"It's a result of the...bond he created. And his ability to find me is heightened one hundredfold...when I am in pain."

I looked down pointedly at my burning wrists and continued snidely, "So...Thanks for this."

Pant. Pant. Pant.

"This brilliant little sadistic plan of yours...was just as effective as if you had called him on the phone and let him know where to meet us."

His eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he breathed, "How did he...?"

I realized then that Ciro was not familiar with Myrnin's ability or the exact connection Myrnin had created between us. I taunted him, "Yes, Myrnin has the ability to create that type of bond. Are you still so sure that you could break it? Have you even fucking heard of it?"