Brother Zachariah

**************************************************************************

It had been days since Magnus had brought Alec back from the park and still no one, not even Magnus had heard anything from him but "I don't know." And it was beginning to frustrate them all.

Magnus had tried many different spells to snap Alec of this daze like state but nothing so far had worked.

Maryse had called on The Silent Brothers the day before last but they had been very busy of late and said they'd call in this evening to see the problem. The Silent Brothers always had an answer for everything.

It was Magnus' turn to watch over Alec. Occasionally Magnus would try to talk to him but made no more progress than any of the others.

After Magnus' shift on watching Alec was up he portaled back to his apartment and kept looking through his thousands of spell books for something that may help Alec.

It was 4am when Magnus decided to finally give up for the night and go to bed. Magnus' dreams were filled with black hair and piercing blue eyes.

**************************************************************************

Brother Zachariah arrived on the door step of the institute and was greeted by Maryse Lightwood. She led him up to Alec's room where Isabelle was on watch holding the sleeping boys hand.

"If I may have a moment with the boy." Brother Zachariah's deep voice came into their minds.

Isabelle and Maryse retreated to the hallway and waited for Brother Zachariah to determine Alec's condition.

Isabelle would have thought Jace and Magnus would be the first ones here but as usual, Jace was off with Clary and only the Angel knew where Magnus was.

**************************************************************************

Magnus woke with a shock as Chairman Meow jumped on his stomach. He glanced at the clock and his eyes widened.

"Shit!" The warlock swore and jumped out of his bed, it was 12pm and Brother Zachariah was meant to be seeing Alec at the institute at 11am.

Magnus was an hour late. He readied himself quickly and portaled himself to the institute.

When Magnus arrived at the institute Brother Zachariah was walking out of Alec's room. Magnus rushed to stand with Maryse and Isabelle, earning a disapproving looks from the pair.

"The boy has a strong mind blocking spell of the demon kind which not even a warlock could remove." Brother Zachariah's voice echoed through their minds as he turned to Magnus.

There was some strong demonic power here and Magnus knew first hand how powerful demon magic was, after all his father was one.

"Well, is he alright? Can it be removed?" Maryse asked in a concerned tone and biting her lip.

"I have removed the spell. He will be asleep for a few days and and will wake with little to no knowledge of what happened to him." Brother Zachariah's voice echoed again and he left leaving Maryse, Isabelle and Magnus to stand silently in the hall outside Alec's room.

**************************************************************************

Since Brother Zachariah's visit Magnus had been invited to stay in one of the institutes many rooms until Alec woke up.

Magnus had set up on the desk in Alec's room to do his researching. He wanted to be there when Alec woke up.

Magnus' train of thought had been broken when he heard someone clear their throat at the door. He turned to see Isabelle standing in the door way with her arms crossed over her chest.

"Isabelle." Magnus nodded at her and turned back to his book, well aware that she was not going anywhere.

"You still love him don't you?" Isabelle asked walking closer to where Magnus sat in the corner of the room.

"Isabelle, I love Alec more than you could ever imagine." Magnus spoke without skipping a beat.

"Why did you do it then? Why did you brake his heart and turn him cold." Isabelle asked with hurt in her voice as she looked at her sleeping brother.

"Izzy, he turned himself cold. Did he never tell you why I broke up with him?" Magnus asked confused.

"No." Isabelle said quietly as she looked down to her high heeled feet.

"Alec made a deal with Camille to turn me mortal without my consent, and it hurt. What would you do if Simon went behind your back and made a deal turn you into a Vampire without asking you first?" Magnus asked, his voice turning cold at the end.

"I would leave him." Isabelle said simply with a shrug.

"Well there you go." Magnus said, turning back to his book once more.

Isabelle left the room quietly while Magnus continued to read through some spell books he'd found in the institutes library.

**************************************************************************