Goodbyes

"Magnus!" Alec exclaimed and jumped off the bed, but before he could make it to the door Jace was up and had his hand clamped over Alec's mouth.

"You don't know it's him. It could even be Sebastian, we don't know what happened yet." Jace breathed into Alec's ear.

Alec and Jace both left the bedroom silently, creeping to look over the railing to see who had entered the house.

********************************************************************************************

Magnus stumbled in the front door of he and Alec's house, a hand pressed over the stab wound Sebastian had given him.

The blade must have been cursed with some form of dark magic since Magnus was unable to heal himself.

Magnus knew he didn't have much time left, he could already feel his life slipping away from him. He was foolish to think he could ever defeat Sebastian. After all, the bastard disappeared again after stabbing Magnus.

"ALEC!" Magnus cried as loud as he could manage in his state.

Seconds later Magnus could see Alec, Alec jumping down from the second story railing and landing down in front of him, Jace only seconds behind him.

"What happened?" Alec screeched and pulled Magnus into his arms.

"Sebastian stabbed me and I can't heal myself." Magnus explained weakly while Alec wiped blood from the corner of his husbands mouth.

Alec burst into immediate tears as he held the dying warlock in his arms.

"Call on Catarina and the Silent Brothers and tell them to be quick." Magnus said quietly as he buried his face into Alec's neck.

Alec instructed Jace to call on Catarina and the Silent Brothers while he spent what felt like could be his last moments with his husband.

"I love you Alexander Bane, don't you ever forget that." Magnus smiled with his bloody mouth.

"I love you too Magnus. Please stay with me." Alec whimpered and kissed Magnus' forehead.

"Don't be scared to move on Alec, I want you to be happy." Magnus coughed up more blood.

"Stop it! You aren't going to die." Alec weeped and brought Magnus even closer.

Alec sobbed uncontrollably in his his adoptive brothers arms while Catarina and the Silent Brothers did their best to try and heal Magnus.

"He'll be okay." Jace hushed as he stroked Alec's hair.

Catarina approached Alec and Jace at the other side of the room.

"May I have a word?" Catarina asked Jace softly.

"Yes." Jace said, promising Alec he'd only be a minute and followed Catarina to another room.

"I don't think they can save him." Catarina said bowing her head in sadness for her old friend.

"How am I going to tell Alec?" Was the the only thing Jace could ask the blue skinned woman.

"You will find a way, you're his brother." Catarina said placing a hand on Jace's shoulder and giving him a sympathetic smile. 

"Magnus is my friend. This is hard for me too." Catarina spoke as she left the room.

********************************************************************************************

Alec was an uncontrollable mess after being told Magnus probably wouldn't make it through the rest of the night.

"Do you want to say goodbye?" Jace asked softly and Alec nodded his head.

Alec took himself upstairs to say his goodbyes to the love of his life.

"Hey gorgeous." Magnus smiled weakly as Alec stood next to the bed.

"Come sit." Magnus told his lover and patted the bed softly beside him.

Alec walked around the large bed and laid on his side next to Magnus, not able to meet his eyes.

"Look at me baby." Magnus whispered and Alec looked up to meet Magnus' cat eyes with his brilliant blue ones.

"You are the most beautiful boy I have ever laid eyes on in all my years. Do you know that?" Magnus asked Alec.

"Yes." Alec told him with more tears running from his eyes.

"And you're the most beautiful man I've ever laid eyes on. I love you Magnus, I love you so much it hurts. Please don't leave me. I can't do this without you." Alec broke out into uncontrollable sobs.

"I love you too Alec, more than anything in his entire universe. I wish I didn't have to leave you, ever. But I don't think that's really a choice I get to make." Magnus said with tears running down his beautiful tanned face.

"Stay here, with me. I want your face to be the last thing I see." Magnus told Alec as he tried to move closer.

"Don't move." Alec told Magnus and gently pulled the warlock into his arms.

*******************************************************************************************

"So there isn't anything you can do?" Jace asked Brother Zachariah, defeat clear in his expression.

"I'm afraid not. We have tired all that we can." Brother Zachariah's deep voice echoed through Jace's mind.

"Well surely you haven't tried every single thing.." Jace said frustratedly with his head in his hands.

"Actually, there may be one more thing we can try." Catarina spoke quietly from the corner of the room.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: So what do you guys think?