CHAPTER NINE

I've never been to Kingston before, I had no idea where it was to be honest. It made me wish I paid more attention to my father and his words, I might know more about what is going on.

The voyage there was, like the others, boring. Now there was some times that I would be forced to sit under the deck with Bear while they pillaged some ships, it was loud and the ship shook, and I actually found myself fearing for the pirates, especially after I have gotten to know them for the past couple months.

Some of the pirates was killed, but to balance it out more was recruited.

After it was done, and I could return back to the deck, there was Pirates who was fixing the small parts of the ship that was damaged. A day later, I was once again sitting on a barrel with my head down regretting what I had done to William.

I was also a saddened about what Clyde had done to me.

Before I married Clyde and when I was a teenage, I was a hopeless romantic. I was so in love with the idea of falling in love, when I was younger I was not like I was now. I was more quieter and I never really spoke, but I did get really mad when someone was rude. My temper was always there.

Oh, I remembered how much of a teenager I was. At sixteen, I would draw hearts in my journal. My first boyfriend, whose name was Billy, I loved him a lot. He was my first for everything when I was sixteen, and when I turned eighteen he had cheated on me. I walked into a restaurant and saw him kissing someone else, smiling. I just went home and began crying.

I guess that was why I walked away crying when I had caught Clyde with his lover. Maybe that's why I felt like I wasn't worth it enough for both of them.

If I didn't stop thinking these depressing thoughts I was afraid I might start crying. So I held my head back up high and looked out at the ocean, and I tried to push my thoughts to the side.

A familiar snicker appeared, a voice soon followed. "Well, lass," Mark appeared. "You seem near tears. Have you hit your knee?"

"What?" I gave him a look, then shook my head. "No, my knees are fine."

"The why are ye lookin' about in the blue beyond like that?" He leaned against the side of the ship, crossing his arms.

"You are so curious about everything," I laughed and shook my head at him. "I'm just thinking about home. I'm a bit homesick."

"Aye," He grinned. "That was goin' to be me first guess. You left your home in search of this room you seek?"

I decided to go with it, nodding,

"Why the need to return so quickly?"

"Because he's my father," I sighed. "And I haven't really been the best daughter. I just need to find him and go back home. I miss my home."

"Aye," He nodded. "What is your definition of home, lass?"

I looked at him again, confused. "What?"

"A simple question," His grin quickly faded away. "What is your definition of home?"

"Um..." I thought about it for a second. "A house? A hut? Isn't that home?"

He shook his head, disappointed with the answer. "Nay, lass. Home is where the heart is," He pointed to his chest with his thumb, pushing his hip away from the side of the ship. He smiled largely, "My home is out here in the vast blue salty sea."

I laughed, now I was the one shaking my head, "It might be so for you. But I just want to get back to my own home."

He shrugged, "We all of our own idea of paradise. This is mine," He winked. Which I found his wink a bit off, not like the kind of wink a normal manly guy would make.