CHAPTER ELEVEN

AUTHORS NOTE: The picture is basically me being goofy with a new app I downloaded

AUTHORS NOTE: The picture is basically me being goofy with a new app I downloaded. I thought it looked cool for the story. Anyway, don't mind me, carry on!

PART THREE

"One tends to know a lie from the truth when one is surrounded by lies their whole life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After putting on the dress with Rebecca's help, and chatting a little more, everyone else dressed and the sun was setting. Everyone, even me, walked out of the home and to the horse drawn carriages outside of the home. The whole family managed to fit inside, Amul rode behind the carriage.

The carriage moved, and Rebecca was, wanting everything on me perfect, was fixing the designs she made in my hair. This action seemed to annoy Josef, "Leave her be, Woman," He spoke. "She looks beautiful."

"I know," She fixed up the last stand of hair, lowering her arms. "I think she will be the belle of the ball, just look at her."

"She will catch many eyes," Josef agreed. "Now Victoria," Now he stared at me with his back straight, his posture posing in power. Power he wished he had... I thought, resisting to roll my eyes. "This is an elegant party, and it is no secret that you are radiant. Be careful who you decide to dance with, you are still remembering the place since you have left. Our enemies have not changed."

"She promised to dance with me," Darnel reminded me. "I want the first dance with you, not nobody else," Now he crossed his arms and pouted. I smiled, grabbing his hands. "Do not worry, you will be the first I will dance with."

Now he smiled, his smile beaming.

Rebecca also gave me a soft smile of approval.

After forever of riding through the town, we made it to another plantation. One that looked larger than the Scarlatti, and the home was also bigger. It was a good sign that they must have what I wanted, and I was really hoping they had what I needed.

After riding up to the marvelous home, the carriage stopped. The doors opened and the gentleman let Rebecca and I step out of the carriage, and once we were all out the carriage rode away.

Instead of letting a strange man help me up the stairs, which I had a couple men offer, I let Amul help. I trusted him the most out of everyone here, knowing that he saw me as a friend more than anything else. Who knows what these sick dogs were thinking.

"It seems you told the mother everything," Amul whispered as we walked up the steps, remained an safe distance from the family for them to hear. "Was that a safe decision."

"She just wanted to know where he daughter she was," I assured him without even glaring at him, knowing in doing that I would be suspicious. "So I told her why I was here, and that there is nothing to fear. It was either that, or she rats me out. I chose the truthful way."