CHAPTER TWELVE

Bear was so happy to see me, he literally jumped on me. He was getting a bit bigger month by month, he wasn't even the same size the day that I saved him. I know knew what Caspian meant by how large they could be. Bear was only going to get bigger.

I decided to change into some new clothes. Since Bear was now house -or, boat- broken I could let him walk around with me. So making it back to the deck I noticed that we were leaving the docks, it had taken the sails an hour to get ready before we had to leave.

Caspian had said that they needed to leave as soon as they could before the ship was spotted out of the docks and they arrested him. And me. I couldn't help but look back and think about the real Victoria, hoping her the best with her two-faced father...

At least it was over now, and I will give Madman Willy what he wanted, and I would find the next key. After that, hopefully, I will find the next one and return home.

"That was an interesting party," Amul, who had approached, chuckled deeply. "You two put on quite a show."

I knew exactly what he meant, and I remembered how Caspian had the audacity to grab my bottom even through the dress. I was satisfied when I slapped him afterwards. I wanted to smile at the thought, but didn't. "It was just a distraction. And I slapped him afterwards, so it shouldn't happen again."

His chuckle was louder, it turned into laughter. "Alright, you little scheming mouse," He turned and walked away.

I knew that the journey back to the island here Willy was it was going to be boring. I had to admit, it was a little more interesting after I had found out about Mark's secret. If I had read further in the book about Mary, maybe I would have known. Maybe if I paid more attention to that book maybe I would know more. Like how I knew Caspian was supposed to be dead.

I shook the thought out of my head, but failed. Caspian was supposed to be dead. Every day I wondered what could happen, how I altered time...

So far everything looked normal, or maybe Mary and Caspian was not to never meet.

"Yer look deep in thought, Darlin'," Caspian walked by now, seeing my looked out into the ocean with a hard face. So deep in thought.

"I was just thinking about things," I turned to look at him, crossing my arms slowly. "Also thinking about how glad I am to be out of the corset, it nearly killed me."

"Amul has informed me about what happened," He looked at me where the corset had been. He was just thinking, trying to picture me fainting and almost drowning. "I always thought it was a horrible idea for women myself."

"The only thing that horrible corset is useful for is to kill someone," I rolled my eyes. "It's over now, and I will never wear something like that again."

"Yer do need a corset, Darlin'," he grinned. "Yer have a perfect figure enough."

"I will slap you," I gritted my teeth at him. "Don't stop flirting with me because we kissed. It was just for show."

His laughter was quick, "I'm still a man, lass."

"A very stupid one," I retorted, and petting Bear's head I walked away from him.

The journey back to the island was slow, and boring. I would have chats with Mary, and even played Blackjack. She kept winning every time, I would win sometimes but it didn't match her skill. We played for hours until we got bored, we began chatting.

"How long have you been dressing as a man?" Asked I, watching her as she shuffled the cards.

"All me life," She answered. "My mother dressed me up like a boy as soon as I came out of the womb. It was too get the money from her mother, who hated women, and if I was a boy then she continued to give us money."