CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

A month later... it was official.

Either I was getting rapidly fatter, or I was pregnant. Somehow, someway, he had known the last time we were together that this would happen. How? I didn't know, but he must have been as smooth as Amul had told me.

But now I had another worry on my mind. I was fucking pregnant.

I was standing in the mirror looking at myself, and to see my stomach. By the third month it was actually showing by now, it wasn't large but it was still confirming that the sickness, headaches, and fatigue was from this. Darnel was sitting in the chair also staring at it, his head tilted. I was wearing a red gown this time, the only comfortable thing to wear because of this.

Bear was laying down beside Darnel, he seemed to be worried more about his nap than anything else.

"So you're going to have a baby?" Darnel was processing what I had told him about being pregnant. "A boy or girl?"

"I don't know yet," I shrugged. "I didn't think I could get pregnant," I sighed, looking down and I saw the three keys. The three keys...

I turned my head to Darnel, "Darnel..."

"Yes, Ria?"

"Are we really going to Kingston?" I question sharply, knowing for a fact that if we were heading there we would be there by now. It would not take this long. "Answer me, Darnel. I know it doesn't take this long to get there."

He lowered his head to look at his feet, shaking them slowly.

"Darnel..."

He shook his head slowly, sadly. "No..."

"Where are we going?" I knew there was something fishy happening.

"To... to a man dad heard called Mordecai..." he sounded ashamed. "I'm sorry... I didn't know why he was taking you there. He said there was a lot of money. I wanted to tell you sooner, I swear!"

"At least you told me before I got there," I looked down at the keys, taking them out from under my clothes and in front of them, when the boy saw them his eyes glowed. "W-what are those?"

"It's going to get me off this ship," I prayed it will. With my gown flowing behind me I walked out of the room, whistling for Bear to follow me. He done so, but even Darnel even began to follow me. I walked through the hallways quickly with a little boy and a dog following, the little boy spoke, W-where are you going?"

"I'm tired of sitting by and doing nothing," I brushed my hair out of my face, finding the exit of the ship. One to the top with Bear and Darnel it was night time, and it was raining. There was literally a storm where we were in the ocean, I grabbed keys, silently praying, "Please let this work, please let this work, please let this work..."

It was hard trying to pull myself up on the side of the ship while pregnant. I used the roped to help me, and the next think I was looking into the rapid moving waters of the ocean. "Freya..." I whispered. "Help me save them..."

The wind began to rush harder.

"R-Ria!" Darnel shouted. "W-What are you doing??"

I turned my head to look at the little boy, and through the rushing winds of the storm I responded, "I'm not from here, Darnel..." I told him the truth. "I'm from the future, the far future, where there are no more slaves and we don't use gold anymore. In my world kids like you can go to school without needing to be rich," I saw the confusion on his face and smiled. "I'm sorry, but I have other places to be. I can't stay here."