CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

A day later, since the crew was in the town resting and -well, drinking. Caspian and I were of course laying in a bed, covered in the blankets and laying there after hours of... well, you get the point.

I had taken off the two keys I was wearing and I just looked at them, thinking...

The thoughts of home seemed further and further away.

Caspian grabbed the keys gently from my hand, placing his own key with the other two. "We should put these somewhere safe, lass. In case it is needed again."

"I would like to hold onto them, because it will give me piece of mine," I put the two keys back around by neck and let him keep the last one, and then I kissed him with a smile. "If you told me the first day we met I would marry your arrogant ass, I would have laughed in your face," even he had to smile at that. I gently caressed his face with my hand, and then stopped to think about something.

I was married... again. In a different world, with a different person. My marriage with Clyde was never like this, especially the day after the wedding. We didn't even sleep with each other during the honeymoon.

He seemed to have known what I was thinking because he kissed the corner of my mouth and smiled. "Are yer thinkin' about different I am, Lovely?" he chuckled, "Yes, we're married. Yer mine."

"Didn't you force me into this decision?" I teased with a smile of my own.

"I do not remember doing such thing."

"Oh, so you wouldn't mind if I wanted a divorce?"

Now his look turned into annoyance, "Yer would not consider such thing. Ever. Women in this time cannot marry again if they are divorced."

"Who said I would want to remarry?" I giggled again.

Again we kissed, until...

Knock, knock.

Caspian reluctantly lifted his head and looked at the door, Amul's voice bellowed through. "Captain, I hate to interrupt your important conversation with Ria, but there is something important we must speak about."

"Can it not wait 'till later, Amul?"

"I do not think so, sir," now his voice sounded a bit different, catching Caspian's attention. "I will wait here when you are ready," his heavy footsteps were heard walking away from the door.

"I must go," he climbed out of the bed and began putting on his clothes.

"He sounds pretty serious," I sat up in the bed. "I wonder if everything's alright."

He put on his clothes quickly, even his coat just to hide the fact that he had been naked in the first place, and as he sat in the best I fixed his hair to make it look like nothing had happened. "Leave me be," he complained.

"Oh so you want your hair looking like you have been with me for the past couple hours? Or maybe I shouldn't worry about my own hair so when I'll leave it'll look like we've-"

"You are the devil in a woman's body," Caspian turned to look at me, grinning. "I will return soon." He got up from the bed and walked towards the door.

I just went ahead and put on my clothes, sliding on my boots lastly. After sliding the second one on and tying it Caspian returned to the room. His face wasn't as calming as it was when he left, it was annoyed as he rolled a piece of paper in his hands.

I got up from my bed and approached him, curious about the paper in his hands. "Caspian, what's that in your hands?"

"It is nothing, lass," his expression was enough to tell me that it wasn't measly "nothing". When he least expected it I grabbed the paper from his hands, he turned his head to me angrily, "Give me the paper."