CHAPTER THIRTY

After a long rest that night I woke up in the morning. The first place I went to was back to the camp where everyone was at. I was escorted by the three boys; the Chief didn't want to show himself to the men and the three boys volunteered. They seemed to be grateful that I saved their lives from the cave with the blind crocodile inside.

Once I slipped out of the jungle with the three Natives and into the sight of Caspian, William, and Amul, their gazes widened. Before William could get in a shocked fit over the already cautious boys I quickly walked towards her, "William! Wait! Calm down!"

"Where have you been!?" He pulled me into a hug quickly, squeezing me tightly. "You have me worried sick."

"I... went into the jungle with some guards but these people kind of kidnapped me. They agreed to show me to the Room."

"That's wonderful! We can take the keys and we can–"

"Wait, dad," I stopped him before he could speak anymore, once calmed I looked at him. "You can't go... neither Caspian... they will only allow you to go, they will only let me go."

I turned my head to see Caspian sitting weakly on a large rock with his cane, when he saw me his eyes was full of relief to see me alright. Although he couldn't get up himself and greet me the way William did. I quickly walked to him and wrapped my arms around him, it was rude to completely ignore William I did, but the look on his face told me that he wasn't a bit hurt by it. In fact, he smiled.

I sat beside Caspian on the large rock, placing my head on my shoulder. "You're getting worse..." I whispered my worry. "I need to find it quickly..."

"Do not worry... lass," He gave me a brave grin. "Yer do what yer need to do. I will remain here and wait for yer, yer will return to me?"

"I will do whatever is possible to come back to you, Mark, Amul, Darnel... and William," I placed my forehead against his. "I wouldn't give this up for the world..."

And we just sat silently for a moment in each other's company, Caspian spoiled the moment when he lifted his head and took off the key that hung around his neck, placing it in my hand. "If yer do not return, Darlin'," he whispered this into my ear for only me to hear. "Remember that yer was the best thing I brought onto my ship that day."

"You're going to make me cry..." I smiled sadly at him.

"I wish you luck, Ria," Amul, who had stood quietly, spoke. "If anything happens, it has been nice knowing you."

"Thanks Amul," I hugged the big tall man tightly. "If Darnel was here I would hug him too. When you see him again hug him for me?"

"I will," He chuckled.

I walked back to my father, seeing him grinning widely, placing the third and final key into my hand. "I will remain here then. You have been through more trouble than I, it is only fair that it is you."

I smiled to him, "I'll try my best to come back here."

"I have no doubt in my mind."

I took the first key, the slightly largest, out of my pocket and placed it with the other two. I turned to look at Li who stood their silently the whole time and haven't made any movement, "It was nice knowing you Li, although our first encounter was not that kind."

"I was just doing my job, nothing more," She replied calmly. "You were a handful, I am glad I do not have to watch over you no longer."

I stuck my tongue out childishly at her, "I might come back, just so you know. I'm going to annoy you ten times as worst."