CHAPTER THIRTEEN

I didn't know what time last night that I went to sleep. One minute I was laughing and the next I was asleep, I must have passed out. I knew for a fact nothing happened last night between Caspian and me. It was just a chat. I couldn't believe I passed out again.

He was right, it did numb the pain of the wound.

When I woke up I expected to wake up in the chair I passed out in. Instead I woke up in the bed in the Captain's Quarters. I turned my head and saw the pirate Miles checking the wound. I should be worried, but knowing that's all he wanted to do I just relaxed my head back and waited for the stupid thing to be wrapped.

After that, I stayed in the bed and waited for the stupid wound to heal. I didn't know where the ship was sailing or where we were going, so everything was stilled. Bear managed to sneak himself inside somehow, and he was beside my bed laying his head at the side of it. I patted his head and smiled.

Miles said that if I just rested and didn't get up for the next few weeks, it should heal fine. So that's what I was going to do for the next couple of weeks was sleep.

And like a loyal animal, Bear stood by my side without questions. The only reward he wanted was to be patted on his head.

"Good, Bear," I smiled softly to him.

Caspian would come in and out of the Quarters, then I would remember where I was. Then I felt horrible, I was in someone's else's bed.

"Dude..." I murmured, still a bit groggy from sleeping. "I totally stole your bed, didn't I?"

"It is just a bed, lass," he didn't even turn his head to look at me, he just looked at the map on his desk, thinking. "I think it would be safe for us to dock the ship on a small island. Let yer heal and my men take a break from the water, the island is uninhabited so it is safe."

"Where is Mark and Amul?"

"They are fine, Darlin'. They are on land, can yer stand up?"

"Um..." I moved a piece of my clothing to the side to check the wound. With Bear's help, he didn't mind me using him to get up. "A bit. And please don't pick me up, I can walk on my own just fine."

Caspian chuckled, and with Bear by my side to catch me if I fell I walked out of the Quarters. Beside me I saw the Island the Ship was nearly docked on. We still had to use a rowboat to get to it, so I sat in the rowboat with only Caspian and Bear.

As Caspian was rowing the rowboat to the shore, and I was relaxed back and watching him. After watching for a minute I began laughing, and he looked up to see me, his brow curved. "What are yer laughin' at, woman?"

"I bet you wish you kept Amul on board now, huh? We'll be there way faster."

"Yer do not think I can row this boat as fast as he?"

"Have you not seen his arm? It's the size of my waist. He can take us there in two strokes."

"Yer have a small waist, lass. Yer might want to use a different thing to describe the size of his arm."

I stuck my tongue out at him, "Whatever."

I turned my head away and looked at the rest of the island. I heard one of Caspian's oars hit the water, and water splashed on me. I gasped and I snapped my head to Caspian, "How dare you!"

He just laughed at my reaction, "Yer looked like yer needed coolin' off, Darlin'."

"Well, maybe you need to cool off too," I took a bucket beside me and filled it with water.