CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

In just the small past couple of days I never thought how much would have changed. I was now deeper in this world than I would have ever imagined, now I was drowning in it with ankles tied onto my ankles. Now the thoughts of home were a childhood memory, so long ago. Now I was twenty-nine, married, and with a beautiful child.

Was there going back now...?

And if I went back, would I lose everything I had gained here?

Now the thoughts of returning to the twenty first century brought fear onto my heart. I thought about it as I stood on the beach as Amul was saying farewell with his friend and Darnel was playing with Bear on the coast. I was standing with my bare feet in the water. Of course Mark, the days old infant, was in my arms. He was sleeping peacefully in the warmth of my arms, I found myself enjoying the sight.

Until I saw the keys that hung from my neck... I would forget about my world if it wasn't for these keys. Haunting me, pleading me that it was time to return home. My home. I could feel it telling me that this wasn't my home, it wasn't my time.

It was haunting me endlessly.

Caspian approached me, "Come now, lass. We must be leaving."

"Where are we going next?" I asked.

"England," He replied. "It is the safest place to be with a child on board now."

"Are you sure?" I turned my head to stare at him, confused. "England is really the safest place to stay?"

"For the time being," He nodded towards the ship. "Come."

I followed him to the ship, but I didn't get on it before I told Mundy's wife the other woman goodbye. Amul translated that they wished I could speak their language so we could have talked more. I smiled and nodded in agreement with them, and before we knew it, we were back on the ship and was gone again.

As we were out onto the sea. I would occupy myself with caring for Mark. He would cry at times, but as long as I gave him attention and feed him he would be happy.

Caspian stepped into the room one day that I was in on the ship, a month after was born and had his eyes open, I had him laid in the bed with me over him. I shook my face and made a funny sound, it would make the little baby giggle and smile. I turned and looked at Caspian with my own smile, "I think his eyes will remain blue," I slid off the bed knowing that he would be safe on it as I watched him. "Not green. I told you so."

He walked up to the baby laying peacefully on the bed to look at his eyes, "It seems you're right."

Mark looked up at Caspian with a emotionless face, as if the baby was confused with the face he was staring at. When I thought he would cry he didn't, instead the little baby smiled and giggled.

"He is happier than I thought a baby with no home is," He chuckled and stepped towards me. "If those bastards had not burned my ship I would have enough money for that." now he was angry with the situation of the past.

Every time when I thought about the prison, Mark came to mind. I shook the bad memory out of my head. "Don't worry, I'm sure we'll find something," I put my arm around his and kissed him.

"Ria!" Darnel ran down the hallway and to the front of the door. "Bear took my sausage and now he's gone."

"Darnel..." I looked at him from the room to the hallway. "I think that sausage is gone... he most likely ate it."

He looked up and down the hallway angrily, "Bear!" And he went around searching for him.

"We must return the boy home soon," Caspian mumbled.