CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

PART SIX

"A curse... a pain."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Admiralty Court in St. Jago de la Vega, Jamaica.

Iron chains, messy hair, tired bones. I did not feel like a million bucks as I slowly marched down the hallway with the guards, they were wearing red coats, black curved hats with yellow rims, and held long guns. I had been in a jail cell ever since I was taken off the ship in chains, and now I was being tried for my crimes. Bear, I didn't know where he was sadly. It worried me that I didn't know where he was.

In front of me was Caspian and Amul, we were all chained together and walking in a line. I was in the back staring at the surroundings behind me. Thank god they hadn't taken the keys off of us, that was what I was happy about.

We finally made it to the court room where I saw more people than I thought. One side I was shocked to see the four women from the tavern, Lisa and the other three, the ones who first found me. They were wearing different clothing and the youngest looked more grown, it was nice to see them, although they looked at me with worried faces.

They had come just to see me... how the hell did they get here?

I also saw Victoria Scarlatti, her father Josef, her mother Rebecca, and her little brother Darnel. A tear came to my eye when I saw Darnel had grown, although I had known him for a little while it was nice to see him again. To see him grown, and to still look at me with a smile. Hell, Scarlatti looked at me with a smile.

And I impersonated her.

It seemed I had that effect one people...

We weren't the one to go on trail first, we stood on the other side of the row to await our turn. Caspian and Amul looked forward without caring for everyone around them, but my curious side still led me to look around, so I looked behind me to see other people. It was like my past had come back to haunt me to see everyone I previously met.

Then more sound of chains was heard coming down from a hallway, I turned my head to look, my eyes widened at who I saw–

Mark and Bonny....

They were walking down the hallway with chains on them, the same as I, but they were no longer wearing their men disguises. Not even Mark. With her disguise she was just Mary, her hair falling to her shoulder, dirt covered her clothes and face. Her womanly figure actually showed without all the look clothing and a cloth wrapped around her breast. It was a new side that I hadn't seen from her before.

No longer Mark...

When she saw me her eyes widened, but it was only temporary and a split second before her face was stone again. She walked by me and to the stand in front of us, we sat down after the judge walked in and sat in his high position. There were guards everywhere.

It seemed that Mary and Bonny's ship was taken by Pirate Hunters as well, but earlier than we. It was why I hadn't heard a thing from them in months. As their trail went on I was hoping that they wouldn't get death, but when the judge announced they would be hanged my heart dropped.

Until Mary spoke loudly, "We plead our bellies M'lord!" her voice carried, "For we are quick with child."

"The hell?" I murmured.

Everyone in the room gasped and even looked at each other, except Caspian and I who only looked at each other. The judged hushed everyone in the courtroom, speaking with a lift of his gavel. "Very well. Your execution will be stayed until the child is born," he beat it on the table, making it official.