CHAPTER FOURTEEN

O

h, hell. How was I going to find that stupid obsidian room on my own?

I didn't have a ship.

I didn't have help anymore.

And I didn't have money.

I was fucked.

I was in my room with Bear, and I was going hysterical as I looked at the two keys around my neck. I needed Caspian's ship to get where I needed to go, and I had no money to rent another ship to take me where I need to go.

I didn't know what else to do.

I can see why Mary dressed like a man now.

Not only was a worried about what I needed to do, but I was hurt about how fast they turned on me. How fast they were kind, and then became hard as stone. And I went out of my comfort zone and even had a drink with them.

I felt betrayed.

Because I was a woman.

I patted Bears head as I sat in my bed for the next three days. I didn't leave my room, maybe because I didn't want to see want to see Caspian nor Amul. If I did I would end up slapping them. I would need to find a ladder for Amul, or I can throw a chair at him.

I left my room when I finally got hungry, and I went to get something to eat and drink before making it up to the decks with Bear. I wasn't going to go around Caspian nor Amul, I just sat at the other end of the boat on a barrel. Bear sat beside me with his paws up on the side of the ship to look out at the water.

I smiled softly and petted Bear's head. "Silly boy..."

My heart kept beating nervously at the thought of having to the next key alone. I didn't know anyone else in this world, and leaving me to find it alone... I didn't know what would happen to me. Would I be lost? Hurt? Killed?

I would never see my father again...

That thought saddened me more than all the others, after all he was the only family I had. I needed to find him. No matter what the costs.

Mark suddenly appeared beside me, and I would have thought it normal if she was fixing her clothing in the front. It must have come loose or something.

But why did it look like she was fixing it?

"Where have you been?" I asked her curiously. "I haven't seen you in twenty minutes. Usually I would see you sitting on a pole or on the ropes like a cat."

"I was fixin' the lil' trouble ye was having," She grinned and winked at me.

"What are you talking about? Nothing will get them to change their mind. They're arrogant bastards."

"Are you sure nothing can persuade their minds?"

"Miss. Shay," Pete walked up to me, calling my name to catch my attention. "The Capt'n would like to see ye in his Quarters."

"Why?"

He shrugged, "Ask him," He turned and walked away.

I looked back at Mary, my face shocked, "What did you do??"

She shrugged, "Ask him." With a snicker, she too walk away.

So the only thing I had to do was face Caspian again and ask what the hell did Mary do. So with courage, I got up and I began to walk to the Captain's Quarters.

Once I made it to the doors I noticed it was already opened. So all I had to do was open it wider for me to walk inside, and when I walked inside I saw Amul and Caspian, both with different expressions on their face was different from yesterday.