Prolouge

Thunder cracked through the grey, miserable sky as lighting flashed which lit up the forest. Heavy rain poured down onto the forest ground roughly as it smacked down hard in irregular patterns. The trees swayed back and forth as the wind howled loudly and began to pick up.

In the middle of the ghostly forest was a clan of cats, which were all huddling in her dens terrified. This clan was Mistclan; one of the 5 clans. In one of the rock dens that made up the clan camp, lied a light brown she-cat with yellow eyes, who was breathing heavily.

Beside her sat a dark black tom cat with orange eyes, who kept constantly putting his paw on her stomach. "They can't be born in conditions like this Fernpelt. It will scar them for life!"

Fernpelt stretched her legs out as she panted in reply "If I wait for their birth, it could cause problems Shadestar."

Shadestar looked down at her with his tone beginning to soften. Then his gaze turned towards outside the den where the storm was taking place.

"This is my fault. Starclan told me a storm was coming and I ignored it as if it was nothing! Now the kits lives could be in danger!"

Soon as the tom finished his sentence, large branches from a tree above their stone den came crashing down in front of the entrance, which blocker their view to the outside.

Shadestar perked his ears quickly and widened his eyes and sighed "We're trapped! If only I didn't order Creamleaf away...I'm a terrible leader..."

Fernpelt shook her head as she began to purr "Nonsense Shadestar."

Once Shadestar looked towards her with his head hung low she continued "Though...you are still the same clumsy cat I fell in love with." She teased.

Shadestar closed his eyes and purred a little. "What would I do without you Fernpelt? You always cheer me up in the worst of times."

Fernpelt smiled a little as her head rested on the floor gently. Suddenly she closed her eyes tightly and began wincing "They're coming!"

He looked down at her worried "Now!?"

She huffed back "Yes now!"

Shadestar jumped to his paws and dashed towards the blocked den exit. He began scratching at the branches and trying to pull them away.

"Im going to get Creamleaf!" He panted as he kicked and pushed at the branches harder. The tree branches remains still as the wind on the other side howled through tiny cracks between each branch.

Fernpelt let out a yowl in pain as the kits began kicking her stomach hard. Shadestar panicked "Starclan help me move these branches!"

Fernpelt watched in pain as her mate kept trying to push the tree branches away. "I-its n-no use..."

He glared at her sternly as he growled "Don't talk like that!"

He turned to his side and rammed his shoulder into one of the branches making it push outwards more. He fell down In pain as blood came out of it but he ignored it.

He jumped back up anf kept nudging the branch with the same shoulder.