Chapter 24

It's been many days since the incident of Stonefall and Hawktalon's disappearance. Many cats believe they have been captured or even worse, killed. Shadestar and Falconwing have been sending multiple search parties daily for them, but each party come back with no clues.

Dreamcloud has been affected the most since her kits are going to be born any time now, and their father is no wheee to be seen. Dawnheart and Treebranch have been joining Dreamcloud in her grief for their lost brother. Duskbreeze however showed no emotion to the disappearance of her brother, since it was her idea to begin with.

She knew if she directed them towards the Sandclan border, they would either be captured by the rogues or if they were lucky, killed. She had figured Falconwing would rat her out for this being her fault, but he surprisingly kept his mouth shut the entire time.

Treebranch sat by Dreamcloud in the nursery with Dawnheart not far away mourningly. Treebranch asked "Do you guys think their ok?"

Dreamcloud looked down at her growing bigger stomach as she meowed worried "They must be...they need to be not just for us...but for our kits...I can't raise these kits without Hawktalon."

Treebranch added "And I can't go on without my brother..." Dawnheart looked towards her brother sadly as she rested her tail on his back "We will find Stonefall and Hawktalon. We have some of the greatest trackers in the forest in Mistclan! Starclan is on our side."

Dreamcloud smiled as she purred a little "You were always the most optimistic out of us all, Dawnheart."

Dawnheart tried to bring up the mood as she swished her tail "That's what your little sister is for."

The sun outside was starting to set as Dawnheart realised she was supposed to meet Sunstreak again that night. This would be their 8th night meeting and Sunstreak had promised to surprise her tonight. Dawnheart smiled as she began zoning out. He has always surprised me...that clever fur ball.

"Dawnheart? Are you ok?" Treebranch asked his sister worried which made her break out of her thoughts of Sunstreak. Dawnheart nodded "Yeah I-I'm fine...I'm just...concerned."

Dreamcloud sighed as she laid her head down on the moss and looked at her stomach "Arn't we all?"

Dawnheart sighed sadly as she looked up at the setting sun once more.

~*~
"Sunstreak...we can't keep meeting like this every night." Dawnheart meowed worried as she rested her head on Sunstreak's shoulder.

Sunstreak glanced down at her concerned as he asked "Has something happened?" He paused before panicking "You haven't become a Medicine Cat have you?"

Dawnheart sat up laughed "No! Of course not! It's...family business..."

Sunstreak hesitated as he looked down at the grass, shifting his paws. I'm not relying on you to help me anymore grass. He looked up at Dawnheart and asked "I've known you for many moons now and I've had the same feeling in my heart since I first laid eyes on you."

Dawnheart widened his eyes with her heart pounding. He continued "Whenever anything goes wrong in my life, I will come running home...to you. You're my home Dawnheart...you're my life."

Dawnheart gasped surprised as he asked warmly "Dawnheart...will you be my mate?"

She wants to scream yes but some sort of feeling held her back "But we're in different clans Sunstreak...how will we-"